Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 2nd day of vaping, please help.

AVF Regular

Smile 2nd day of vaping, please help.

Hi There,
    Today is my second day of vaping and I am so impressed! I bought a starter kit with 2 batteries, 2 x 5 tobacco flavoured cartridges and because I didn't have a clue what I was doing I also ordered a 1ml tank clearomiser. Well all day I practiced on the cartridges and although the flavours were a bit odd, they certainly helped me to dramatically cut down on smoking, then last night a friend gave me a 18mg menthol e liquid which I used in the clearomiser and I must say that it was more satisfying for me. I have been using this mostly today and so far have only smoked four cigarettes which as a 25-30 a day smoker for the last 47 years is not far short of a miracle! Now I would like to order some more e liquid with 16-18mg nicotine in. I went back to the original supplier and found that 10mg was around $15 plus shipping. Now I do understand that it has to be drop shipped from Europe but I am now searching for my ideal…….which would be either a Benson and Hedges or Golden Virginia e liquid with nicotine in larger size bottles. Also can anyone tell me how much e.g. a 10mg bottle of e liquid would compare with the number of cigarettes smoked? I finally have some hope that I can quit smoking before it kills me as of late my energy is seeping away and my cough especially at night is awful. So good to see so many encouraging stories on here, any advice would be really welcome. Thanks Guys

I think u mean ml not mg

An average vaper probly goes through about 4 or 5 ml per day. Typically less if its higher strength (24mg), more if its weaker (like 12mg).

Hi Christine and welcome to AVF

Have a look at the stickies on the New Vapers forum page, (they're the ones at the top of the page). This is a good start

Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

This guide will give you a better understanding of how much juice, and what strength nicotine you will need when you first start vaping.

Noes List !

This will give you a better idea of what hardware you may need, (the prefilled cartridges can get very expensive), and the smaller batteries don't have much battery life.

To buy nicotine base, (to mix with local Aussie doublers), or to buy pre-mixed ejuices, I would recommend Health Cabin as a good starting point for beginners. They are relatively cheap, and have a good range.

It works out less expensive to just buy the unflavoured base with nicotine, (Health Cabin have 36mg unflavoured nicotine base, for about $12 AUD, and their postage is reasonable), and then buy your flavour doublers locally. If you have a look in the vendors section on AVF you will see lots of great vendors that sell some very nice flavour doublers, as well as starter kits.

I wish you well in your vaping journey, and this is the place to ask questions, and the members here are helpful so ask away
    GirlyPantz, margyb, maggie and 4 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Thanks Although weirdly it definitely says mgs not mls which I thought was very strange.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine J View Post
    Thanks Although weirdly it definitely says mgs not mls which I thought was very strange.
    10mg means 10mg of nicotine per millilitre of liquid...so that is a measurement of the nicotine strength. 10mg is not very strong and may not be strong enough to curb your need for a cigarette.

The bottle you have may, or may not be, 10ml of liquid? Does it look like 10ml?

Anyway, I'm glad you're off to a good start with vaping. I doubt you'll use all those cartridges as clearomisers are much more satisfying and once you get some good e-liquid to fill yours with you might not want to bother with the cartridges.

Spud has given you the two links that will help you understand how it all works, and as she said; don't hesitate to ask questions!

Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by JenJ; 16-03-14 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    GirlyPantz, margyb, spud and 1 others like this.

If you pop your location under your name Christine, there may even be a vape shop near you, where you can get some face to face help, or even other AVF members who can give you some hands on help. We also have vape meets quite often, where you can meet other vapers in your area, or city, and these are great opportunities to get some great advice, and lots of help
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    welcome christine good luck with your vaping journey. it's very confusing at the start, but you'll be a dab hand in no time at all ask plenty of questions and watch lots of youtube. there's some fantastic tutorial vids out there.
    GirlyPantz, margyb, spud and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Actually I am not sure how many mls are in these bottles, they are both the same size and the menthol just says 24mg and the mango says 18mg, perhaps as you suggest this is the strength? I feel I need to take up a degree on vaping lol
    GirlyPantz, JenJ and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Christine

Welcome. Those values (18 & 24mg) are the strength (more properly stated as 18mg/ml). Bigger the number the stronger nicotine it has. 24 is fairly strong.. many around here started on 18 or 24.

Yes. Initially it all can be confusing. Hang in there, it does get easier and the results are really worth it.
    Sent by DaveJ

Sorry, I don't have a witty signature.

AVF Regular
    Almost everyone who replied is from WA! Chris if you are struggling and want some hands on help feel free to PM me and we can meet up for a coffee somewhere. I'm in the Bayswater area.
    GirlyPantz, spud, maggie and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast