Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: IGO-W Air holes

IGO-W Air holes

I recently purchased my IGO-W from VapeKing and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail !

So I've been researching on the IGO-W and from what most people have said, the stock air holes are way too tight for their liking.

Basically I was just wondering if I should drill it myself and what size is recommended.

I've seen someone say that they've got it drilled at a key cutting shop, would this be alright for me to do because I would rather prefer a professional do it than myself haha.

Also I saw someone mention that they have both air holes a different size for some sort of adjustment. For e.g. 1 airhole would be drilled 1.5mm and the other would be drilled 2mm. The method is used mainly for single coil builds as he/she blocks the other airhole he/she isn't using.

I would like to hear your takes on this and what you personally recommend

Thanks.

Test it yourself, what doesn't work for otheres may work for you. My first RDA is the IGO-L which loads of people drilled out, I like the stock airholes.

Agree with Monk Eyboy don't go drilling until you try it first. I have both the Igo-L and the Igo-W and found both to be just fine airflow wise, plenty of vapour production and flavour. Also depends on what resistance coils you are building. I build mostly between 1.5 to 1.7 ohms, but have gone as low as 0.8 with a dual coil setup on the Igo-W, and had no problems with the air flow hole size.

Its personal preference whether you like an airy draw or not, so its best to find out first what you like, before you go drilling stuff. Also makes it more difficult to pass on, particularly if the drilling job is a bit rough.
    Monk EyBoy likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

The stock holes on the IGO-W I found were too small (I think they are around 0.6-0.7mm) so I opened them up to 2mm and found I had a more enjoyable vape (I like slightly airier vape). Also, if your going to open them up I would take it to someone who has the correct tools (pedestal drill and cobalt coated drill bit) because I struggled to open the holes up with a high speed steel drill bit and cordless drill, the IGO has some strong and thick steel.

AVF Regular
    another way of going rather than drill the holes is to use a small metal file - they sell kits of files at bunnings for around $15 - just keep filing and testing til you get a draw you like - personally i dont like big air holes as im a mouth to lung vaper - bigger holes are more for lung hits i think - also smaller holes are more for flavour from what ive realised

i got the little igo s last week - i have left the air hole stock standard for tasting mixes

ps - try and score a rda with adjustable airholes so you can experiment and find the airhole size you like

Update: Just received my IGO W today and went to a key cutting store asking if they could drill the holes wider but they didn't specialize in it so I had to do some DIY :P

Basically I didn't like the stock airholes, they were way too tight and producing not that much flavor or vapor.
    Grabbed a drill and made 1 air hole 1.5mm, blocked the other airhole with some silver duct tape(sort've blends with the RDA itself) and voila! The vape I get now is amazing and has furthered my experience into the vaping world !

Running it with a 1.7 micro coil(2nd one I ever made, 1st was 2.0 so I wanted it to go lower) and it's vaping beautifully on my cheap iTaste VV VW V.3 haha.

Running on a small budget and this is honestly what I've been looking for and I'm happy with the final outcome, thanks for all the input guys !

AVF Regular
    I found the one I have too tight and drilled both holes 1.5mm
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    I found the one I have too tight and drilled both holes 1.5mm
    Jeff
    Same.
    I went for 1.5mm because that's the smallest drill bit I could easily find at bunnings, but I found that size perfect anyway, not too tight and no too loose.
    I've got an igo-w with both holes drilled out 1.5mm for dual coil, and an igo-l with the hole drilled out to 1.5mm for single coil RDA.

deroranger, If you want a single hole, get an igo-l as well, smaller chamber suits the single hole better for more flavour.
    Last edited by coopz; 18-03-14 at 10:32 PM.
    deroranger likes this.

AVF Regular
    I went with 1.5 and it was a little "airy-er" than i would've liked - 1.2 wouldve been perfect for me i think

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasha View Post
    I went with 1.5 and it was a little "airy-er" than i would've liked - 1.2 wouldve been perfect for me i think
    if you have a hot glue gun, just fill one of the holes it, heck you could use anything.
    oh ya on things like atomic's you have 3mm air holes , but your blowing clouds on high watts and low ohms.
    Jeff
    coopz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast