Thread: RDA tips

AVF Regular

RDA tips

Hi everyone,

Since I got my KayfunLite a while ago, it is all I've been vaping as I stopped purchasing 306lr atty's for dripping. I had tried RDA's before but never enjoyed it, until Gresh recently turned me onto using sterile cotton.

So since then I have tried setting up the only RDA I have, which is a "Critical Minds: Hornet" purchased from Vapershere a while ago.
    I have rolled a tiny 1.2 Ω coil onto an 18ga needle, and set a cotton cloud below it. Tastes so much better than the kayfun, but unfortunately i haven't quite got the hand of RDA's yet.
    I've found that when it starts to taste dry, my cotton cloud is still pretty soaked. So I tend to flood it alot. I only have a small cloud directly under the coil.
    Any tips to help me get a more consistent vape?

I've got lots of new vapeware on the way to me and plan to try dual coil and subΩ vaping. Got VTC4 batteries on the way with my DNA30 mod. Also got the Zenith v2 on preorder and my 3D autodripper in transit. What gauge kanthal would you guys recommend for dual coils and sub Ω resistance?
    Vapekings lowest is 26ga. Would I need lower or would that fit my needs?

Thanks in advance for your advice guys
    Kev

AVF Regular
    RDAs are the bomb. Alot of ppl wouldnt agree with me on this, but i dont like using cotton in a RDA. I like the freedom to be able to dry burn and change juice instantly. So with that, i have always used ecowool. 4 wraps of 28g kanthal on a 2mm or 3mm ecowool, dual coil should get you 0.5 ohms. The VTC4 would definitely suffice for this build as i am pretty sure its only around 10amps required.

If you are game enough when you have mastered the art of dripping, you can go 3wraps instead of 4 and that should bring the ohms down to 0.3ohms. Its all about trial and error. Good luck.

AVF Regular
    Why don't you use cotton in your Kayfun. You get plenty of taste without having to fill up all the time.

AVF Regular
    I do use cotton in the Kayfun. But I'm going back to dripping because nothing tastes as good IMO.
    Anyways got some vtc4s and 26ga Kanthal in vapemail today.
    As soon as I get home I'm gonna give it another try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Hey guys,
    What size do you recommend I roll my micro coils at when using 26ga kanthal?
    I usually do my coils around 14ga blunt needles but I also have 18ga.

And how many wraps should I do? I'm aiming for 0.5Ω
    It would be good if there were some type of app or calculator for this stuff.

Cheers
    Kev

AVF Regular
    There is an app it's called Vaper's Toolbox. You can choose your desired ohms,wire gauge and the diameter of whatever your wrapping your wire around and it tells you how many wraps you need to do.
    I find it's not 100% accurate but I think it's something to do with the tail lengths which you can set as well but I haven't bothered. It's close enough and gives you confidence to just have a go at it and you will eventually find a coil that you like and just stick to it anyway or I did.

I personally don't like cotton cloud builds very much because cotton wicks slow and if I chain vape I sometimes get a bit of a burnt taste even if there is plenty of juice in the cloud still. I just have enough cotton hanging out the ends of the coil to touch the bottom of the deck and it wicks well and I get bags of flavor.

RDA's are my preferred device unless I'm on the move or driving, Great for experimenting with coils and flavors.