Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Vamo v5

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Both my Vamos have always agreed with my Sigelei ohm meter on many coil builds so maybe yours is a little flakey or maybe a continuity problem somewhere.

EDIT: OOps, I've never built a coil under 1.4ohm so I'm talking thru my hat. I'll build a coil tomorrow to check mine.
    Mine may be a bit flakey then. I just threw a 2.08ohm (via res meter) and my Vamo read it as 1.9ohms. It's a small thing and doesn't impact my everday use. If the coil is actually below 1.3ohms (according to my meter) the Vamo won't fire.
    Last edited by ahabse7en; 23-03-14 at 08:59 PM. Reason: can't spell

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabse7en View Post
    It's a small thing and doesn't impact my everday use.
    Hmmmm, I don't know if I agree with that. The Vamo when set to RMS and watt mode should self adjust itself to suit the res of the vaporizer. If it was mis reading the res then it would be all over the shop.
    Last edited by Rebel1; 23-03-14 at 09:59 PM.

The only trap with the vamo is the recurrent ability to bump the buttons and end up destroying whatever you have have attached to it. Most things die a horrible death at the max wattage out of it for any reasonable length of "I'll just sit down here" time.

Other than that, they're the trusty mod you can depend on.
    Mushman likes this.

I had a Vamo V2. It's a good device for its price but my god, they are so huge. I gave mine away. Why do they have to be so long? You couldn't possibly take one out for the day and put it in your pocket. Even in 18350 mode you could practically jack your car up with it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Why do they have to be so long?
    That's what the last girl said to me. Seriously tho...yes it is a bit long but is perfect for what I do with it. When I'm out and about I use 1300mAh twists with slightly modified Kanger mini protanks 2's with my own coils. I know this will be a controversial statement but built and modified correctly the mini protanks can hit almost as hard and flavorsome as a KFL on the Vamo.
    Last edited by Rebel1; 23-03-14 at 10:50 PM.
    Mushman and Acorn like this.

LOL mines got rubber buttons and pink at that!...well it was the last Del had at the time :-)

My VK Ohm Meter and 2 Multimeter's are on par with the 1st model...actually stable moreso than the over-sensitive atty checker.

As for size,have you the seen the E-Huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Hmmmm, I don't know if I agree with that. The Vamo when set to RMS and watt mode should self adjust itself to suit the res of the vaporizer. If it was mis reading the res then it would be all over the shop.
    I set the Sigelei and Vamo to MEAN and WATTS on stacked 18350's both V3 Siegeli and V1 Vamo,both within range, but it shouldn't really matter what the output is set to. Dirty,moist or some juices will conduct on any device,so clean them all regularly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12