Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Vamo v5

Vamo v5

What do you think about the vamo v5. And where can I buy one in Australia that will do a kit or accessories. Eg pro tank 2 or minis, charger etc.

AVF Regular
    Im not sure what they are like.. But you can fibd them in the registered vendors.. I think i saw them in vapeking..

AVF Regular
    Highly recommend for an intermediate level device. not sure where to get in aus though

get the stainless.... the others scratch up easy
    Last edited by Altered1; 23-03-14 at 05:52 PM.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Vamo's are large but sturdy and useful devices. I have the V1 and she's still kickin on!

Link to VK
    Stainless Steel VAMO VV/VW Mod - Body Only
    Rossco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroomgav View Post
    What do you think about the vamo v5. And where can I buy one in Australia that will do a kit or accessories. Eg pro tank 2 or minis, charger etc.
    Vamo's are great, you will have to buy batteries though, they are not like ego's or MVP's, they take either 18650 or 18350 batteries. Supersports600 is a member on this forum who has an ebay shop where you can get good quality batteries from for a good price. There are a few Aus vendors that sell vamo V5, but they don't tend to come in kits with accessories, you just get the mod itself.

The vamo's are variable voltage as well as variable wattage, are well built, sturdy, and very easy to use. They will also show the resistance of your atty.
    Mushman and Rossco like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Del also sells them Vamo VV VW Mod - JuiceWhore

Yep as Spud said get ya Batts from the best supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Chargers Lithium Ion items on eBay Stores!

(Edit: Okies,Del's outta stock atm.)

You can stack 18350's,single 18350 or single 18650 as it's micro-processor controlled and protected.

I like to live on the edge with these and the Zmax and stack 18350's on MEAN setting for that extra punch

As Spud said, they are good for measuring resistance too without having to fire it up so all round a device I reckon most newbies should grab when they can....also a decent fallback device if something fails ;-P
    Last edited by Mushman; 23-03-14 at 06:29 PM.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    when you're getting your batteries, don't forget to get a charger, too!
    Mushman, Robray, spud and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I've got a Provari, two Vamos and some twists. The twists I use when out and about, the Provari when I'm lounging at home, and guess what gets most use..... The Vamos..... I love 'em because they are stainless, solid, almost indestructable, and I can vape with greasy/dirty hands when I'm playing in the shed (man cave) and just wipe them clean. Put a Kayfun on them and they are an excellent device ..... did I say I love my vamos?.
    Last edited by Rebel1; 23-03-14 at 08:00 PM.
    Mushman, spud and Rossco like this.

I have a VAMO v5. It's my first APV. I love it, mind you I don't have a lot to compare it to. My Vamo's resistance reading is a little inaccurate and displays the res lower than it is. For example the other day my resistance checker read a coil at 1.34 ohms but the Vamo displayed it as 1.2. I think its official limitation is 1.3 ohms but it still fired the 1.34 coil even though it displayed it lower than its limit. So maybe it knew the coil was within its limit it just didn't display it as such.
    Last edited by ahabse7en; 23-03-14 at 08:58 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabse7en View Post
    I have a VAMO v5. It's my first APV. I love it, mind you I don't have a lot to compare it to. My Vamo's resistance reading is a little inaccurate and displays the res lower than it is. For example the other day my resistance checker read a coil at 1.34 ohms but the Vamo displayed it as 1.2. I think it's official limitation is 1.3 ohms but it still fired the 1.34 coil even though it displayed it lower than its limit. So maybe it knew the coil was within its limit it just didn't display it as such.
    Both my Vamos have always agreed with my Sigelei ohm meter on many coil builds so maybe yours is a little flakey or maybe a continuity problem somewhere.

EDIT: OOps, I've never built a coil under 1.4ohm so I'm talking thru my hat. I'll build a coil tomorrow to check mine.
    Last edited by Rebel1; 23-03-14 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added statement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast