Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: KayFun lite clones?

KayFun lite clones?

Hang on, let me put my asbestos suit on...

Keen to know how the clones perform really. Please consider I am on a tight budget having not drawn a wage or cemterlink type payment for over 6 months now. I dont have the luxury of affording $100 + for the real deal.

So, what are the clones that are available from within Australia for around $50 really like? Are they like mlstly the same? Worth stepping up from a good Clearo like Protank or Boge cartos? Or is there another way to go rebuildable?
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

If you want to go rebuildable on a budget, grab an Igo-W for $12 and some 28 gauge kanthal for $6 from any of the vendors and some cotton balls.
    Fawks likes this.

Thanks. They are drippers right, so no tank?

I might pick the brains of the gurus at the next vape meet.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

AVF Regular
    I've tried a fair few of the Kayfun clones - Hcigar Kayfun 3.1, Ehpro KFL+, and Russian 91%s - and I can say that the Ehpro KFL+ is the best. Super smooth threading, and most importantly no leaks. All clones I've tried to date have had leaking problems.

But yeah what cop said. If you haven't tried your hand at rebuilding yet start with a dripper. You don't want to go out with a brand new rebuild only to find you've burnt the cotton 5 minutes into a 5 hour trip etc. You want your rebuilds to be reliable so you know you can go out for a day and not have to worry about it. Especially with a Kayfun, where you need to drain the juice just to get to the build section - unlike a Taifun where you could fix it on the fly in a pinch.

I've finally nailed cotton after maybe 3 months of on and off with it. The most important thing is you need 9/10s of f all cotton to get the job done. If it looks like it fills the coil but slides through freely (i.e. with no force) than you've got it. I should take pics next time and post them.

EDIT: With a dripper they normally hold 1ml MAX, so you're constantly refilling it. Fine around the house but a HUGE PITA if you're out and about. Trust me, I did it on Sunday, not doing it again. So yeah, do it at home until you're confident it'll last all day

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post

Keen to know how the clones perform really. Please consider I am on a tight budget having not drawn a wage or cemterlink type payment for over 6 months now. I dont have the luxury of affording $100 + for the real deal.

So, what are the clones that are available from within Australia for around $50 really like? Are they like mlstly the same? Worth stepping up from a good Clearo like Protank or Boge cartos? Or is there another way to go rebuildable?
    *Arrives in a white van in a white hazmat suite and cautiously approaches.

A 1/1 clone is just that, if its done right.. Its normally the longevity and sub standard parts like non SS screws that are the real downfall. I got my kayfun lite + clone from the co-ops, while im sure i overpayed it works as intended and i have not had an issue with leakage or anything functional, threads are a little crunchy at the start but i have worked it in now. I have left it to soak overnight and no sign of rust. I cant comment on similarity to an original though. I think the $25 FT jobies are probably of the same quality of the aussie $50 versions but even if so, it makes sending back a faulty one so much easier and as clones are not known for QC i prefer to buy clones from aus if i can.

I have anecdotaly heard both sides about peoples kayfuns here, some people with the original prefer the clone and vice versa.

AVF Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post

The kayfun clones or as I call them, kayfun type atty, all work really well. You can get them from some Aussie vendors, Vape King did have the hcigar version but they are currently out of stock. The best deal I got was from e5cigs, which are in China, but their customer service and products are good, and their postage is reasonable and quicker than fasttech.

The rockets are great, I don't know anyone who has bought one of these and not been happy with it : Rocket 5ml Rebuildable E-liquid & E-Solid Usable Airflow Adjustable Atomizer - Stainless Steel Color - Rebuildable Atomizers
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post
    threads are a little crunchy at the start
    I found the best way to get rid of this is buy dirt cheap tube of toothpaste and toothbrush and go to town on threads. After that's done screw and unscrew it >9000 times with toothpaste in there - it's a microabrasive so it's essentially gives the threads a nice smooth finish. No crunch, just silk.

I don't recall my KFL+ being crunchy but maybe it's because I did the above
    Fawks likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    The rockets are great, I don't know anyone who has bought one of these and not been happy with it : Rocket 5ml Rebuildable E-liquid & E-Solid Usable Airflow Adjustable Atomizer - Stainless Steel Color - Rebuildable Atomizers
    Rocket IIRC is all chrome plated brass.

On that note, you'll want a full SS version, which I believe the Ehpro KFL+ is.

Reason being is that brass may have varying amounts of lead in its' composition - it may not, but as the old saying goes "better be safe than sorry"

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameisbunny View Post
    I found the best way to get rid of this is buy dirt cheap tube of toothpaste and toothbrush and go to town on threads. After that's done screw and unscrew it >9000 times with toothpaste in there - it's a microabrasive so it's essentially gives the threads a nice smooth finish. No crunch, just silk.

I don't recall my KFL+ being crunchy but maybe it's because I did the above
    I think that as clones lack proper CQ its a lucky bag so reviews only hold so much weight, some come perfect, others come completely stuffed, most fall in between. I will have to try that toothpaste method thanks mate.

Also +1 on cops post about the igo being a great entry level device for rba I would even suggest a trident clone because personally ive found it the easiest to build on in the way of drippers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast