Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By himynameisbunny
  • 1 Post By Gresh11

Thread: Origen v2 RDA

AVF Regular

Origen v2 RDA

Hey guys,

Got my Origen V2 today. Pretty happy with it, oozes quality. Also now I'm starting to see how people properly run sub ohm etc... Running it @ 12w 2ohms, stupid big clouds but also a very loose draw.

My question is building coils with 32ga was a pain in the arse, took me a couple of goes to get both micro coils in and decent. I only have one 1.58mm drill bit so when i would tighten the center post the opposing coil would go wonky. I much rather 28ga but I normally do 10 wraps and I don't have anything that would support 0.8ohms until I get my Hana Mini as I never intended to go that low.

For when I do need to put new coils in this (and the ones I have in there now aren't the best so that'll probably be soon) what's the easiest way to put them in there?

I'm no newbie to micros so making them isn't a problem just fiddly with the 32ga. So what would probably be of most interest to me is what you do when you screw them both down?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Polo89 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameisbunny View Post
    Hey guys,

Got my Origen V2 today. Pretty happy with it, oozes quality. Also now I'm starting to see how people properly run sub ohm etc... Running it @ 12w 2ohms, stupid big clouds but also a very loose draw.

My question is building coils with 32ga was a pain in the arse, took me a couple of goes to get both micro coils in and decent. I only have one 1.58mm drill bit so when i would tighten the center post the opposing coil would go wonky. I much rather 28ga but I normally do 10 wraps and I don't have anything that would support 0.8ohms until I get my Hana Mini as I never intended to go that low.

For when I do need to put new coils in this (and the ones I have in there now aren't the best so that'll probably be soon) what's the easiest way to put them in there?

I'm no newbie to micros so making them isn't a problem just fiddly with the 32ga. So what would probably be of most interest to me is what you do when you screw them both down?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I think we ordered our V2's on the same day, mine better arrive tomorrow..

Its hard to explain but i thread both 28g coils through the top post and tighten them down to the right length, then i kink the negative post wire with my tweezers so it has the right angle to catch the bottom screw. Like most RDA's the more you do it the quicker and better it gets.

AVF Regular
    Leave whatever you used to wrap the coil on, in place while you install it. 32Gauge is a little delicate and a pain to use. Go smaller diameter and more wraps as well and/or just play around till YOU are happy. Great way to fill an evening in!!!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    3 wraps of 32 gauge around ~2mm screwdriver bit gives about 1.4 ohms - *very* short coil and burns cotton very easily though

AVF Regular
    3 wraps dual 28g on 2mm ecowool is my usual setup. 0.27ohms 2 sec vape is enough to fill half the room

AVF Regular
    havent tried micro in this yet as i only just mine but running specs below now:
    dual 4 wraps on 3mm ekowool comes they sit nicely slanted, coming to .46 ohm just nice
    forgive my noob question but you only need a 10amp battery for 0.8+you could even go abit lower?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Leave whatever you used to wrap the coil on, in place while you install it. 32Gauge is a little delicate and a pain to use. Go smaller diameter and more wraps as well and/or just play around till YOU are happy. Great way to fill an evening in!!!!
    Sorry I miss read the OP. My advice was not very helpful. Good luck... Can I send you some 30 gauge and 28 gauge wire???
    Polo89 likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    10amp battery u are good to 0.5ohms

Mine says expected delivery by Friday ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hana v3-expromizer
    kfl+