Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Quick question cloud chasing without sub ohms

Quick question cloud chasing without sub ohms

Is it possible? Plumes of vapor without going sub ohm.
    What can I say, i prefer protection and I like my face.
    Have had plenty of short circuit protection devices refuse to fire due to being shorted, what would happen if this happened to a mech mod? probably bang.
    People are cloud chasing using sub ohm coils
    would one not have the same effect using higher voltages? Rather than lower resistance? What is the best performing coil design one can aim for using a sensible mod like an mvp or vamo??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Carto tank on 4.2+
    Aspire on 4.1+
    Nautilus on big airhole and 4.4v
    Plenty of mainstream devices will give a decent plume

For OMG I can't see the TV you need a KFL+ or RDA, and it doesn't have to be 0.2Ohms
    chaotic thoughts and jlmanos like this.

AVF Regular
    1.3 - 1.5 ohm dripping RDA with high VG and lots of airflow? get a side venting RDA and drill the hole out or adjust it to ma air flow?

big vapour, maybe not AS big as below the 1 ohm, bit still big
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    It's all about the watts, surface area and airflow. Low resistance wire makes it easy to achieve with mech mods. The real concerns are pushing a battery too hard or exceeding the amp limits.

I'd suggest dual micro coils between 1.2 and 1.5 on something regulated like vamo. Should produce nice clouds.
    MrGruffy likes this.

As an experiment I built a 1.8 ohm vertical coil in a mini genesis clone that has a large airhole. Wicked with cotton and dripped = Rip Trippers moments every time because of the tiny chamber. Sick as tits
    magick81 likes this.

AVF Regular
    don't go overboard with buying a dripper and going sub ohm.. the reality of sub ohm is that its cool for five minutes blowing huge clouds but it sucks because you'll find yourself burning juice pointlessly and you won't be able to put any nicotine in your juice because you'll feel like someones kicked you with steel cap boots in the throat..

the best and cheapest thing you can do is
    -buy a couple cheap kayfun clones from fast tech and drill out the air hole. (the reason being cheap and a couple is that you won't be sad if you mess up)
    -build a micro coil with 28g or 30g kanthal and use cotton wick, aim for around 1.2ohm - 1.4ohm (i prefer cotton, its cheaper and easier to mold into micro's)
    -get some juice with around 70%-100% vg
    -chuck it on your vamo and crank it on 4-5 volts..
    -update your location in your profile so someone local can help you build coils/sort out a good cloud.
    this is just my opinion though theres plenty of other ways of doing it but sub ohm is more of a wow thats cooool thing, not an all day vape
    Mathy likes this.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmanos View Post
    don't go overboard with buying a dripper and going sub ohm.. the reality of sub ohm is that its cool for five minutes blowing huge clouds but it sucks because you'll find yourself burning juice pointlessly and you won't be able to put any nicotine in your juice because you'll feel like someones kicked you with steel cap boots in the throat..

the best and cheapest thing you can do is
    -buy a couple cheap kayfun clones from fast tech and drill out the air hole. (the reason being cheap and a couple is that you won't be sad if you mess up)
    -build a micro coil with 28g or 30g kanthal and use cotton wick, aim for around 1.2ohm - 1.4ohm (i prefer cotton, its cheaper and easier to mold into micro's)
    -get some juice with around 70%-100% vg
    -chuck it on your vamo and crank it on 4-5 volts..
    -update your location in your profile so someone local can help you build coils/sort out a good cloud.
    this is just my opinion though theres plenty of other ways of doing it but sub ohm is more of a wow thats cooool thing, not an all day vape
    I'd agree with all of that, save the last line. I chain vape sub all day, but in the .5 - .8 range. Good balance of clouds and flavour, but not stupidly low.

AVF Regular
    i run at .4 and have found that to be my sweet spot.

I have never burnt my juice even at .3 ohms, it doesn't work exactly like that, i have burnt my tongue though.

AVF Regular
    1.1 ohm, 2.5mm air intake, 55/45 vg/pg is mine on a mech
    jlmanos likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post
    i run at .4 and have found that to be my sweet spot.

I have never burnt my juice even at .3 ohms, it doesn't work exactly like that, i have burnt my tongue though.
    sorry by burning juice i mean one or two big drags and its gone lol i should have phrased it correctly..

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    I'd agree with all of that, save the last line. I chain vape sub all day, but in the .5 - .8 range. Good balance of clouds and flavour, but not stupidly low.
    how the hell do you ADV sub ohm, i tried a 3mg on my .2 ohm build and threw up
    Fawks likes this.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast