Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mech Mod Servicing/Maintenance?

AVF Regular

Mech Mod Servicing/Maintenance?

I've had my brass nemi clone about a month or so, first two weeks were great, now getting [what i'm guessing is] voltage drop like a fatherless child.

I searched ewetoob, and the forum[s] Am i right thinking that overnight in pieces in dish washing liquid, then dry off and KFC wipe [or equivelant] tomorrow will help this?

Also can I measure voltage drop with a generic multimeter? I think i get how it would happen, but not without a third arm.

On an off topic note, 6 days til buying ban ends, buying one of these Du Bocage | Box MODS | eCigarette MODS | Gentlemen's Reserve and an ERA RDA... very excited [5 amp limit is plenty for me]
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

I wash mine in a ultrasonic cleaner and then polish them inside and out using auto sol metal polish
    After doing that I notice a big difference I do it about once a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    thanks philmac, i just googled ultrasonic cleaners, will one of the budget $40-ish ones do the trick?

i think masters [5 minute walk] sell autosol

Mech Mod Servicing/Maintenance?

Yea masters do, I got my ultrasonic cleaner off eBay for about 60 delivered

I sometimes also give it another go in the ultrasonic after polishing to remove any polish

Make sure you get some good soft rags to use with the polish you can wash them out after you finish and reuse. I use the microfibres ones

I did buy some cape cod polishing cloths to try out as we'll see how they go once I get them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    dogman this is a great thread that cop started - will give you some ideas

Cleaning and maintaining your mod for dummies

i used autosol with good success however i found it caked up in the inside threads of the mod which is a b@tch to get out of a telescopic mod - so i only use it to polish the exterior of the mod only about once a blue moon

for internals and contacts ive been maintaining my mods with the electrical contact cleaner i use for hi fi contacts - just spray it on lightly - let it evaporate and then give it a quick wipe - takes all of 5 mins from vape to vape - makes a huge difference - i do it every time i change the cotton on my dripper

Radio Parts - Electronics Components - SXMM0510 - CLEANERS

AVF Regular
    thanks avtek, i didn't search "maintaining" as a word
    avtek likes this.

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Leaving stuff in detergent overnight is not my favourite thing to do with mods or atomisers. Rust or oxidation.

Hot water for several minutes with a good wipe. Dry thoroughly afterward. Other posters pointed to cleaners. I would not know as I always use stainless

Voltage drop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5OnwUNjlo

Even this method will be slightly off
    DogMan likes this.

]6⁹.12[

Super Moderator
    I second Cops thread linked above .. some great advice in there ... I use Autosol to make stuff shiny , but keep it away from threads etc ( unless they REALLY need cleaning up ) then its detergent and ultrasonic to get rid of the polish where conductivity is important . Contact cleaner or pure isopropyl is good for cleaning off residues from treatments as well .

Might also sound a bit funny , but everytime you change batteries , give threads and body a good rub with a clean polishing cloth or tee shirt ... if you do it daily it cuts down on the build up of grime a lot .

Copper or brass mods are going to tarnish no matter what , so will need a regular going over ... if you are a fan of patina , dont worry about the looks , just concentrate on the threads and connectors ... doesnt hurt to give springs etc a light rub with really fine grade sandpaper too , just to clean them up where they contact the body ( if applicable)

Just my 1/2 a cent

Oh and for voltage drop etc , you are gonna need a pretty accurate meter ... (the cheapies wont cut it normally ) clean metal to metal ( or conductive grease contact) will give you the best transfer of electrical energy
    DogMan likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Just my 1/2 a cent
    I always think since you were vaping in the stone age, your 2c has compound interest.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    I always think since you were vaping in the stone age, your 2c has compound interest.
    Nah its only worth 1/2 a cent now ... the Govt taxed the rest into oblivion
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast