Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Looking at getting a dripper so what battery would be best for this

Looking at getting a dripper so what battery would be best for this

I am looking at getting an IGO-L RBA and I only have a Ego-T 650mah battery so while I use this for the moment what would be a better alternative that isn't too costly?

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

MVPv2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of battery life, ohms checker etc, no need to buy extra batteries etc.
    Whizgig likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've been using drippers on ego twist batteries (1000mAh) for 7 or 8 months with no problems whatsoever.

It would be good not to have to screw off the dripper to check the resistance on my little resistance checker doovy...that's the only reason I can think of for needing a fancier battery.
    Whizgig likes this.

I got my MVP and IgoL on the same day. I also used it on a spinner. The lower profile MVP was so much better on all counts, like the 2600 mAh capacity, I bought another and gave most of my spinners and evods to my parents. Then I bought a SVD. Perhaps it a lemon, It is pretty shite in comparison. Now my dripper sits on a mech mod. It's all a learning curve. And vaping is supposed to be cheaper
    Whizgig likes this.

AVF Regular
    common mod starting points that see buyers happy are MVP's as mentioned, a vamo [start around $30 + batteries etc] or mechanical clones like a nemesis or chi you [which aren't that scary]

All are good options and it depends what you personally want out of it
    Whizgig likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

And the Magneto!
    Whizgig likes this.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so basically a MPV V2 or a Vamo would be a good starting point, so the MPV V2 is an all in one unit with battery included and the Vamo needs extra battery and charger. Is the battery in the MPV V2 replaceable if it goes bad or do you have to replace the whole unit?

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

Ja, all in one. They seem to last a very long time as long as you don't thrash them with low ohm coils. I have heard of people replacing the batteries after a couple of years, would take a little know-how though.
    Whizgig likes this.

AVF Regular
    the mvp2 is great as a next step to pair with a dripper - its nice and compact and a good device to learn on - i still use it as a back up -

i bought it as a stepping stone to using mech mods and rebuildables

but then because it has a built in battery i felt uncomfortable stepping up to using 18650 batteries in a mech mod without first using them in a regulated device like the vamo or a svd etc - so i bought a vtr to learn on cos i found the vamo and the vtr too big

once i was comfortable using the vtr with rechargeable batteries etc i started using a nemesis and then an astro with a dripper

its a learning curve - and while the mvp2s are great ( i bought 2 of them i loved them so much ) they do lack a bit of power compared to the vtr and vamo etc and wont really prepare you for using mechs if that's where you are intending to end up with your vaping

having said all that i prefer the mvp2 to the vtr as a back up device these days
    Last edited by avtek; 02-04-14 at 01:58 AM.
    Whizgig likes this.

What he said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast