Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Carto life

Carto life

Getting tired of changing/cleaning coils on my Kanger tank systems so I'm thinking about
    getting a Liquinator tank with the Boge slotted cartomisers.
    All vid reviews I've seen look great but having had nothing to do with cartos before, I'm
    wondering about their lifespan. Quite a bit more expensive to replace than the Kanger
    bottom coils so I'm hoping for much longer life.
    Any thoughts, is this the best way to go and how long can I expect out of a carto.

(sick of coil burning issues even at low voltages.)

Depends on the juice really man. I a sure someone else will chime in with advice on PG/VG ratios, but from my experience a carto can last a couple weeks or more with a thin, clear juice. Darker /thicker juices seem to clog quicker.

Liquinators are great. But the top shelf for a carto user is of course the Billet Box, if you can snag one of them you will be in carto heaven.

AVF Regular
    No need for a big spend just to try them. Pickup either a Boge f16 or smoketech dct or even splash tank from fasttech.
    Grab a range of cartos LR, SR Predrilled 1 hole, 2 hole slotted boges and smoktech. This will give you a good guage to which combo will work for your Eliquid and technique.

Our cartos last at least a week sometimes even two as we vape menthol and clear liquids. For our technique 70/30 ratio Eliquid in Boge predrilled 2 hole cartos work beautifully but others will find different combos work differently.
    Once you get the hang of them and remember not to overvape them, they are fuss free. Then consider spending the bigger dollars to set yourself up.
    maggie likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm impulsive, so before I got to read your posts I already ordered the Liquinator. The cartos are pre-slotted standard @ 3.0 ohms.
    I have been using apollo juice up until now so I don't know the ratio of PG/VG, seems to vary with the flavour but I mainly vap RY4.
    I don't have so much burning issues when I vap Zen Peach Tea which looks like it does have a much higher PG content.
    I am about to start mixing my own using Vapbars juice range and was thinking of going 50/50 (best of both worlds ?)
    Would that cause issues with cartos ?

BTW llamabreath, I've been going to the BilletBox shop for months on and off, and they are never available.
    Would have to be lucky to score one methinks.

I vape pretty high vg juices, 20/80 pg/vg and have no problems using the slotted cartos from Vape King. I only buy slotted cartos now as I've found these are the best. The pre-punched cartos are ok if you use higher pg juices. I love the pyrex DCT tanks, the acrylic and glass tank from FT, and the AGR+ tanks, (these are the bomb with pyrex glass tank and top fill hole). Get yourself a carto filling tool as well, (VK and Steamers have them), they make it much easier to fill your tanks when you are starting out using cartos. I prefer the LR cartos, but have a range of different resistances to suit various mods. I use higher resistance on the mech mods, because I can't adjust the voltage or wattage, but LR on Vamos, Twists, or the MVP.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    yep, totally depends on the juice you use. my clear juices would be anything from 1-3 weeks, tho average about a week and a half. compared to any clearos i tried, carto tanks totally rock. the most important thing is to make sure you prime them properly. if you don't they may only last as long as it takes to hit the fire button the first time and scorch the filler material.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalminer View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm impulsive, so before I got to read your posts I already ordered the Liquinator. The cartos are pre-slotted standard @ 3.0 ohms.
    I have been using apollo juice up until now so I don't know the ratio of PG/VG, seems to vary with the flavour but I mainly vap RY4.
    I don't have so much burning issues when I vap Zen Peach Tea which looks like it does have a much higher PG content.
    I am about to start mixing my own using Vapbars juice range and was thinking of going 50/50 (best of both worlds ?)
    Would that cause issues with cartos ?
    The thicker eliquids may have some difficulty in predrilled but should be ok in slotted. I found them prone to gurgling when the Eliquid levels fall below the top of the slot. Heavy tobacco or dark eliquids will gunk them up quicker but still you are used to that on your existing coils. Remember, patience on the the first fill and make sure the poly fill is properly saturated before you start. Start off lower voltage and work up to normal levels. Carto is normally better after an overnight soak.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Thanks everyone, you all seem to agree about long prime time for cartos, yet the vid reviews I watched put a couple of drops in the top, slipped it into the Liquinator, filled and vaped without waiting ??
    Can't trust those vid reviews.

Spud, your last comments about resistance/voltage are the opposite to what I have been thinking. I thought higher resistance would be better on things like
    Evics and Vision Spinners (which I use) because higher voltages can be used. Have I got it wrong.
    Still can't decide which is best....high or low resistance

Super Moderator
    Honestly if you're using a vv mod, LR or SR really doesn't matter. Just adjust voltage to suit your preference.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast