Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Taifun Thread

AVF Regular

The Taifun Thread

Didn't see anything like this so I thought I'd start one up

Share your builds and setups here.

Received a legit Taifun GT last week and finally got around to doing a build on it.

Used a 17mmx82mm piece of #500 mesh, with a piece of 2mm Ekowool laid on top. Used .5 kanthal ribbon in a microcoil, came to 1.4ohms once the hotspots were worked out. The ceramic tweezers worked wonders here; being able to squeeze the coil together without shorting anything was a godsend. The first photo was pre-squeezing which is why there's gaps

I forgot how good a decent build on the Taifun worked. Even though my taste is shot at the moment (due to salt water gargle constantly; got perocoronitis) the flavour is just as good as a Kayfun without the worry of burning cotton (the Kayfun is good when it works but it hasn't been agreeing with me lately!)

Pics of the build:

Trying to stop myself from getting a clone GS from FastTech. I barely ever use 14mm PVs and already have a Kayfun Mini to go with them but one can't stop having the desire!

AVF Regular
    The GT is one of my favorite attys. I was using mesh but am now really happy with 2 x 3mm silica and 30g. 1.2Ohm.
    Spot on consistent vape!
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

I am going to have to try that build

Always use a micro coil with either silica or mostly cotton

I have a legit Taifun GT and absolutely love it, one of the best pieces of kit I have but recently it has been gurgling so bad, and the air hole is been filling with juice. A couple of days ago it just started leaking directly out the air hole, lost about half a tank of juice before I realised.

I am not sure what is going wrong with it, I can only assume it is my wick thickness not filling the holes correctly. Has anyone else experienced these issues?
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

Check your wicks are blocking the holes but also check the oring under the slip sown deck part they can crack and let juice in

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I have a legit Taifun GT and absolutely love it, one of the best pieces of kit I have but recently it has been gurgling so bad, and the air hole is been filling with juice. A couple of days ago it just started leaking directly out the air hole, lost about half a tank of juice before I realised.

I am not sure what is going wrong with it, I can only assume it is my wick thickness not filling the holes correctly. Has anyone else experienced these issues?
    Yeah, same thing happened to me recently. I used to build with plain 2x 2mm wicks, but as I was using 3mm filled ekowool, I thought 2x of those wicks would be too much, so just did a single wick.
    Got lots of flooding and leaks, i found a 2mm off cut and chucked it on top "al a kanger flavour wick", and the leaking stopped. When I'm changing juice I'll have to do a new thicker wick.

Taifun GT is definitely my fav atty, running a regular 1ohm coil (close wraps but not a contact coil) with 500mesh, nothing sitting on top of the mesh.

If i leave it upright for too long it will gargle and eventually leak, so i just keep it on its side on my desk. Outstanding vape, been rocking this build for months with just a rinse and dry burn every couple tanks (bobas clogs that shit uber fast)

May have to try adding some wick ontop of the mesh, when i tried it the first time I was getting a funky flavor so abandoned the idea

Will take some pics next clean out

Thanks for the tips, thought as much with the wicks not filling the hole. I am using cotton so will just bit a bigger flavour wick on top and hopefully that will solve my problem!!
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

Are all the gargling and leaking GTs legit?

This is the amount of cotton I use.
    Never had a leak or gargle or dry hit and I've put 5ml a day through it for 3 months.
    Don't put wick over the coil or use "flavor wicks". It's not a shitty clearo with chinese silica.

1.5ohm nano coil with cotton showing the amount inside and outside.

That coil and wick has had about 40ml put through it.
    ssstahly, Stewey and Skippa like this.

AVF Regular
    No one said GT and/or legit only right? 23mm just doesn't suit my vaping habits, specifically at work.

Here's my Taifun GS clone, currently a fairly "standard" build consisting of 2ohm micro with cotton,
    although I actually prefer (it's easier too) my typical build of a vertical 1.6ohm nano surrounded by cotton.

When I get it right I can use two pieces of cotton as feeder wicks to the filler cotton,
    negating all the building difficulties this thing can have.

Jesus christ, where did all that dust come from?
    ShootingStar likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast