Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Using Atomisers for tasting e-Liquids

AVF Regular

Using Atomisers for tasting e-Liquids

This is a mini review of the biansi imist atomiser. The what you may ask. These atomisers were from the ego-t and ego-c era and in my opinion were the absolute best of all the atomisers at the time. They never took off and that's probably because of price and availability. I bought 2 (plus bits) over 18months ago and in all the things that I have passed on or sold, these have remained part of my kit. They have none of the leaking or dry hits of the ego c and just work flawlessly time after time. The only reason I did not use these full time was the size of the tank (1-1.5mls). I have always loved their look and operation.

I do however use them to taste juice. Every time I start playing about with new flavours these are my go to. Put 1 ml in the tank, click on, couple of primer puffs and the flavour is there. Want a new flavour, rinse the wick, pat dry and heat coil, put 1 ml in the little tank, click on, couple of primer puffs and there is the new flavour. In all this time I have dry burnt the coils a couple of times and replaced each of the wicks. They also give you a consistent vape over your taste test.

Couple of reasons for bringing this up now is the influx of new vapers and the new juices that somehow need to be tasted without wasting expensive or fussy components. The other reason is that these are being discontinued and health cabin have them at 50% off plus the 8% discount for this holiday. You can't buy the replacement coils anymore but the whole atomiser is the same price as the original replacement coils.

I have just ordered some and in my mind they are the most fuss free of all the options out there. If you do decide to try here are the links. Throw in a couple of the tank cases. They have three tanks in them and are a good way to store you current tests.

Atomiser Imist Atomizer (Detachable & Replaceable)

Wicks 5pc Fibre wicks for Imist Atomizer

Tank cases Elife Portable Cartridges Case(Discontinued) [06-J-1-3] - $2.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    ckane, Robray, Fatman and 3 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Might order a few of these while they still have them. Strange looking wicks

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliyah View Post
    Might order a few of these while they still have them. Strange looking wicks
    They are really easy to change and are a lot smaller than they look in the pic.
    Aliyah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Vaping mad sell them or used too. Was one thing I nearly bought a few times but in the end the rebuildables won out. Good to see they actually work all right.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    I started using a dripper that has post holes to build a vertical coil. One side of coil goes through hole in post, the other under screw.
    Put cotton in until it just touches base. Wet wick & vape.

Can test similar flavours without changing wick because wick is almost dry when all juice is used.

May be easy for me because my micro coils only have 5 turns of 34g.
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 05-04-14 at 07:42 PM.

]6⁹.12[

AVF Regular
    See what I mean about the price. At $20 I wouldn't consider but at $6 they are brilliant.

This was more as a suggestion to people who are not interested in recoiling. I have only changed one wick in 18months. They last forever.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    They are really easy to change and are a lot smaller than they look in the pic.
    Thats always a plus. Theyre so cheap at the moment....can stock up.
    That catridge case, even though it states its only for the elife atties, would most likely hold other types as well

AVF Regular
    They do look good for users who regularly change flavours. I use the Kayfuns with a nano kit and they only hold about 1.5ml too.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliyah View Post
    Thats always a plus. Theyre so cheap at the moment....can stock up.
    That catridge case, even though it states its only for the elife atties, would most likely hold other types as well
    Those cases are designed to hold the little tanks without a cap and they won't leak. And they don't.... go figure.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 05-04-14 at 07:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast