Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Squape clone "B" from FT

Squape clone "B" from FT

These squape clones arrived today, I'm impressed They have to be one of the cleanest RBA clones I've had from FT, no machine oil residue, but gave a clean anyway.

Made a couple of 1.8 ohm micro coils, with cotton wicks, popped them on, (much the same as you would for a kayfun, except the coil is positioned into the channel above the air intake. Filled it up, (bit like a giant evod to fill, very easy), popped it on a mech mod, and am happily vaping away on it.

Bit more airy than the kayfun, but vapes well, good vapour production, good flavour, and no dry hits (so far). The tank holds a lot of juice, and its pyrex glass, so no probs with tank cracker juice. One of the downsides is that it is bloody heavy, solid as a rock, and would be fine on a vamo, or mech mod in 18650 mode, or something of a similar size, but would be top heavy for anything else, even the MVP it looks and feels top heavy. It's quite a lump of SS The finish is good, (nicer finish than the earlier clone A), and does not seem to have any of the other issues that the "A" version had.

All round pretty good clone for the price.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

The SQuape is underrated IMO, good to hear you have a good one from FT, just sooo easy to build and fill, I've just been shopping on FT and they're sold out
    They sit nice on a big mod like the BAM or big nasty, both 26650 mods.
    spud and Whizgig like this.

AVF Regular
    The Kayfun is the only rebuildable that comes close to being as tasty as a carto for me. I'm thinking the squape next on my to try list.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbavet View Post
    The Kayfun is the only rebuildable that comes close to being as tasty as a carto for me. I'm thinking the squape next on my to try list.
    I would say that the kayfun style and squape style are pretty much of a muchness when it comes to vape and flavour. The squape has a slightly different design, but is still in the same family, with the vacuum/chimney type atty. Pretty easy to build, and the screws on the deck are also big, so easier for someone with dexterity issues, or eyesight thats not great. Silica or cotton would work well, I just prefer cotton, although I do make my wicks slightly longer than suggested.
    Rossco and Whizgig like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dvietrod View Post
    The SQuape is underrated IMO, good to hear you have a good one from FT, just sooo easy to build and fill, I've just been shopping on FT and they're sold out
    They sit nice on a big mod like the BAM or big nasty, both 26650 mods.
    The first squape clones weren't very good from all accounts, lots of issues, but they seem to have got their sh*t together, and the type B are pretty good.

They say not to put the cotton in the channels Spud, but isn't that impossible after the wick becomes wet???
    spud likes this.

Still experimenting with my hcigar clone from vapeking I think I screwed my wicking and got some nasty burnt tastes. Otherwise slowly learning its mysteries
    spud and Rossco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    They say not to put the cotton in the channels Spud, but isn't that impossible after the wick becomes wet???
    Yeah they say that, but I've found if the cotton is not wadded tight, it actually makes for a better vape. I imagine if it was tightly rolled cotton that the wicking would be a problem, but if you keep it nice and loose, there is no issues that I can tell so far. No dry hits, or burnt wicks. I took it apart to make sure there was plenty of juice getting through, and there was, the wicks were saturated. The channels are where the wick sits with the squape anyway, not with the kayfun though.
    Rossco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ssingleton View Post
    Still experimenting with my hcigar clone from vapeking I think I screwed my wicking and got some nasty burnt tastes. Otherwise slowly learning its mysteries
    I didn't know vapeking had the hcigar squape clone ?? Damn it!! How are you finding it, apart from the wicking issues? What are you using for wicks?

Edit, the vapeking description says that the hcigar clone has a plastic tank, and the deck and chimney are a different colour aluminium, otherwise it looks exactly like the ones from FT, except the FT ones have a pyrex glass tank, (maybe why its so damn heavy). Hcigar are known for good quality gear though, so I hope it works out well for you
    Last edited by spud; 08-04-14 at 07:52 PM.

Not bad tho nothing to compare it to squape clone wise. I have found I have been rough at times when removing the deck and unscrewed the chimney causing all the liquid to flood out. Figured that out now it's a wicking issues and working out how to mount a wick and placement. When my last attempt worked it was great but thru a refil the wicks placement moved causing the burnt taste

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast