Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aspire ET-S BDC problems?

Ok I bought 2 x Aspire bdc clear's from Mt Baker which arrived on Tuesday. Filled them up straight away. One with café coffee the other with cola.
    Problem I'm having with both of them is they are leaking, just started out with a slight gurgle but if you blow thru to clean them out the tube is pretty full.
    I have stripped them a couple of times to make sure everything was tight and it was but same result.

The only thing I can think of is the small seal at the top of the coil. I suspect that the juice is seeping in thru there.
    I stupidly did not order replacement coils when I ordered these and I had already placed my second order yesterday morning. Which was before they got worse. Damn it

A bit disappointed but you live and learn I guess. Has anyone else had similar problems with these?

If these aren't any good then what is the best to use. I prefer glass over plastic as I have also cracked 3 plastic ones over the past 2 days. One was my own fault cos I knew the morning vape juice had amaretto in it. The other ones were a faulty one and I have just discovered that cola can crack plastic tanks too.

Any advise would much appreciated. Also does anyone know of any vape shops in the Brisbane area?

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

I have these and I have only had this happen once when I forgot to tighten the coil and it flooded the battery, so check that the coils dose have the small silicon seal at the bottom and that they are tight.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

Maybe over-filling? .. I have two ET-S's as well and used them for a while .. The only time I had the trouble you describe was when over filled which is easy to do with them .. when you invert to fill don't fill to the top of the window .. stop a couple of mil short .. when you turn back the right way the fluid level will still dissappear out the top of the window.

For my money after trying just about everything you can't beat a Boge in a tank .. I too like glass and the Smoktech UDCT tanks are UV coated Pyrex with ally end caps and are one piece .. easy to fill as their seals aren't overly tight and I have never had a leak .. The Boges don't flood when refilling either like they do in some of my other tanks .. At the end of the day it's all personal whatever works for you ..

Hope this helps ... Cheers

Yep checked that the coil was nice and tight and that the seals are all in place.

I also thought maybe I was over filling too but was really careful last time I filled them. Made sure I only filled as per your comment OL'54, but same problem. It appears that its definitely coming from the centre hole not around the coil base. Cos when you draw on it i'm getting juice outa the top.

I'm still thinking that the main draw tube that's attached to the tip isn't seating properly with the seal on top of the coil. I just pulled the little seal out to have a look and if I can figure out how to make a thin spacer to go behind it. I think that would fix the drama. Must look down shed tomorrow to see how small my wad punch set goes.

On your retry did you pull it apart and clean all of it and the inside of the top tube, and is there any juice on the battery connection and are you filling it from the bottom?
    Last edited by Whizgig; 18-04-14 at 08:35 PM. Reason: to add to the post

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

After you refill them balance them upright upside down on a piece of tissue. After a few minutes move them to a clean spot. Repeat until you get no more juice coming out. It worked for me. There seem to be two types of Aspire ET-S out there, I have both. One of them seems to have this issue more often.

Sent using Tapatalk

Just had a look on MBV website. If the one you received looks exactly like that (bottom part housing the coil) this is the one that I've found to be less problematic. I let it rest briefly upside down before unscrewing and refilling, so that all the juice around the coil head drains down. Maybe try to refill a little less next time - not in line with the edge of the chimney that touches the coil but just below. It took me a few refills to get it right but now these are my favourite clearos.

Sent using Tapatalk

Completely pulled apart and washed everything except for coil. Cleaned top of battery. Filling from bottom up to about 3-4mm from end of draw tube.

I read a couple of reviews on them and a few users noted that they don't draw as much as other clear's. I have noticed since I have been using my Innokin iClear16 ones that they have better air flow. A couple of the reviewers had said that they drilled the draw holes out a tad. The ones down the bottom that allow air in.

I'm thinking if I'm suckin the crap outa them then I could in theory be pulling too much juice into the coil itself. I don't mind the Innokins just they don't hold as much and they're plastic.

AVF Regular
    Hi Tigmann, I have Aspire CE5-S BDC clearo, I know that they are not the same as the ET-S but they do use the same coil and they are also need to be filled from the bottom. The CE5-S also leaked into the centre pole the first time I used it as I filled it up to the brim, however they never leaked from the bottom to the top of the battery. They are very good clearos and you are right that they are a bit tight to draw but I don't mind it as thats how I like it. IMHO much better than the Kanger E-smart clearos, they are just too airy. At the end it is personal opinion and taste though. Now my CE5-S don't leak to the centre pole as I don't fill em to the top anymore, yes I still get the gurgling every now and then but hey as long as I don't taste juice in my mouth I don't really give a toss

Ok here is what I have done and results are positive so far.

First I pulled the little seal outa the top of the coil and flipped it. I looked at it through a magnifying glass first( my eyesight aint what it used to be) and discovered that there was a noticeable indent in it from where the draw tube sits against it. So I figured if I flip it I will get a fresh face to seal on. I think this occurs due to being assembled at the factory and sitting around for an unknown period of time.

On one of my aspires(I have 2) I drilled out one of the little holes in the base to 1.5mm and the other I clearo I left standard. I have been using both for about a day and so far no leaks. The one that I opened up the breather hole on draws really good now but they are ok outa the box.

I also had an reply email from MBV in regard to the problem and they said that they felt it was the top seal on the coil also.

Lesson learnt: ALWAYS get spare coils for stuff that I order from now on. Now to find someone in OZ to ship me some reasonably quickly.

The biggest problem I have discovered with vaping is now I want a big shiny mod to play with and an aspire nautilus. I keep having to fill my tiny tanks up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast