Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By CMB
  • 4 Post By KrazyVape
  • 4 Post By Noe

Thread: kfl+ positive post rotates?

AVF Regular

kfl+ positive post rotates?

Has anyone has their positive post of the KFL rotate to the point that its touching the negative?
    Mine did it while I was out last night and caused a short, was uncomfortable to say the least :P

I have done a google but cant seem to find a better fix that simply moving it back into place.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    The centre pin holds that bit in place. So if you hold it where it is meant to sit then tighten up the centre pin it should stay there.
    Olfella and Juzm like this.

AVF Regular
    ah right, next time i coil it up ill give it a shot. Thanks

Haven't even had a drink and thought the title said "Positive roast potatoes"

Carry on
    Vaping - Where have you been all my life?!?!?!

AVF Regular
    My guess is, you haven't had dinner either?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by captdel View Post
    ah right, next time i coil it up ill give it a shot. Thanks
    I'd be sucking the juice out of it & doing it now. Shorting the connection like that is really bad for your battery.
    You can do it with the coil attached
    What I have found useful when tightening it up, is to put a small flat blade screwdriver into the gap between neg & pos blocks, on the side that the pos block naturally wants to spin towards when being tightened.
    This helps to keep it from twisting onto the neg block, when you tighten it all up but it can be a little tricky to do.
    CMB, Olfella, Mark B and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    My guess is, you haven't had dinner either?
    Still too early for dinner - I only just had lunch!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I'd be sucking the juice out of it & doing it now. Shorting the connection like that is really bad for your battery.
    You can do it with the coil attached
    What I have found useful when tightening it up, is to put a small flat blade screwdriver into the gap between neg & pos blocks, on the side that the pos block naturally wants to spin towards when being tightened.
    This helps to keep it from twisting onto the neg block, when you tighten it all up but it can be a little tricky to do.
    Done, used pliers to hold it in place and tighten up, still a bit concerned to put it back on the mech atm.. will run it on the provari for a while to be sure.
    thanks for your help

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by captdel View Post
    Done, used pliers to hold it in place and tighten up, still a bit concerned to put it back on the mech atm.. will run it on the provari for a while to be sure.
    thanks for your help
    If it's tightened up properly, it won't budge. When you need to replace the coil, check that it is still tightened up properly & use a pair of pliers (gently) on the pos block to see if you can cause it to shift at all.
    If you can't, then it's all good.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!