Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Where does your gear come from

lmb
    AVF Regular

Where does your gear come from

I was looking at my ever-growing collection of vaping paraphernalia and came to the realisation that the majority of my items are from Greece. Don't know why and I don't think it was a concious decision (GG apart), but the Greek made mods and attys just seemed to appeal to me. I know that there is a lot of stuff coming out of Asia (Philippines, South Korea, China), Europe, USA and not much from Australia (Blue Tongue, EPM and err...).

So I thought I'd pose the question to the people of AVF, where does your gear come from, have you found that, like me, you have gravitated towards a certain country or continent with your gear, is any single country ahead in design and innovation.

From my perspective, I've single handedly ensured Imeo's children's inheritance, like my 'by leo' stuff and absolutely love the Nemesis/Loki tank combo.

LMB

p.s. Hoping for more than "China because their clones are cheapest".
    sc_rufctr and Jon. like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm going through a Greek stage... This is my collection so far and I've got some more GUS mods on the way. (Not the best photo)
    The 3D and Nemesis is my daily right now. Works great and a "fill" lasts about 2 hours.

The atty on the left is a bit special. Triple coil ESTIA by GUS... Mine is #019.

I think that's about it for now. It would be very easy to spend way more money on this stuff.
    I went for the Greek stuff because of it's reputation and it seems a lot of non Greek Vape gear has been inspired by the Greeks. Things like the ancient Greek names from mythology etc. (I'm building a "Kraken" by VA right now)

lmb and Jon. like this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Yeah Greek stuff looks nice, problem is that the items that I actually like are the items most people like (duh) which means that they are never available... and I have better things to do than stalk 10 websites for 5 months just to get an original nemesis/caravela/billet box/whatever. So no, Chinese clones are not better because they're cheaper, they are better because they actually exist. Compared to $7k a year and I used to spend on tobacco everything is cheap anyway.

Back to the original question, and including the items that are (forever) in the mail, I think my gear is currently a mix of German, US, Phillipino and (mostly) Chinese stuff
    And Swedish Kanthal
    lmb, soulvaper, lulu68 and 2 others like this.
    DONT DRIP AND DRIVE!

Most of my limited/expensive stuff are American - and I admit, they are usually overpriced for what they are. Materials and build quality only slightly above average. But their damn marketing and logo designs as well as their following just makes them so damn irresistible. (i.e. Cartelmods, Vapelyfe, BCV)

A lot of the stuff I truly love are from UK however. Such as Luxemods and hopefully the Rocket (thank you @unik @the_vape_shop ). They seem to have this aura about them of class and attention to detail. Korea also has this sort of affair with me. Elegant, well built and soulful pieces.

Then there are a lot of stuff from the phillipines that I found is a mixed bag. The Vicious Ant stuff is top notch; as is a lot of smaller boutique makers such as Brothers in Customs (the Totem mod is superb and solid). But there are a lot of not so fine stuff from here. Performance is usually not a problem, sometimes competitive with the best, it just lacks a flair of elegance I've found - which is something I seem to lean towards.

However as you said, there are a lot of other countries like Greece and Europe that produce outstanding pieces as well. I have a Gus and a JM mod+genny coming and I'm really excited for these. Not sure about performance and it's hard to find much info about these but from what I've read, I can set my expectations pretty high And then there's the crazy GP mods that seems almost impossible to find or obtain. Maybe one day I will get one but I'm so tired of F5ing haha

If I were to say what I gravitate towards, it's definitely European pieces. They just ooze exquisite and luxury - as well as performing amazingly well. It feels as though no matter what European piece I buy, it will be awesome.
    lmb and sc_rufctr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    I'm going through a Greek stage... This is my collection so far and I've got some more GUS mods on the way. (Not the best photo)
    The 3D and Nemesis is my daily right now. Works great and a "fill" lasts about 2 hours.

The atty on the left is a bit special. Triple coil ESTIA by GUS... Mine is #019.

I think that's about it for now. It would be very easy to spend way more money on this stuff.
    I went for the Greek stuff because of it's reputation and it seems a lot of non Greek Vape gear has been inspired by the Greeks. Things like the ancient Greek names from mythology etc. (I'm building a "Kraken" by VA right now)
    I'm considering the estia... But the 23mm tank size is a little odd to me. And as much as it'd look good on the GUS, worried about the looks on other devices! Sounds like you're adoring it though, how do you find it?
    Last edited by Jon.; 21-04-14 at 02:42 PM.

AVF Regular
    Nitro = Korean
    Zenith 2 = Philippines
    Clones (Kayfun, Taifun GT, Nemesis, Kraken) = China
    DNA30 boards = USA I think...?
    Mods in process = My Garage

I totally agree with what Spyro said about availability of clones.
    I really want a Pyro but at $500 it's going to have to wait until I completely botch my own noob efforts to make my own mods.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
    I'm considering the estia... But the 23mm tank size is a little odd to me. And as much as it'd look good on the GUS, worried about the looks on other devices! Sounds like you're adoring it though, how do you find it?
    Gus has a larger capacity tank planned for the ESTIA as well. It's closer to 25mm. It may even come in the Lord finish.

The ESTIA looks brilliant but I received it last week and I'm waiting on some 28g wire so I haven't built it yet. The machining is something else again.
    The reason I bought it is because it Hybrids with a Gus Lord and it's unique. The three coil build should produce lots of vapor. With the Gus 12amp fuse you could go as low as 3ohms!

The tank is 22mm at the top and bottom and just under 23mm at the center.

lmb and Jon. like this.
    Peter

lmb
    AVF Regular
    The Estia does look pretty good. I'm interested to hear once you've got a build and a few tanks through it.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    The Estia does look pretty good. I'm interested to hear once you've got a build and a few tanks through it.
    It's all of that but lets be honest. How much are you going to use a sub ohm 3coil? I'll certainly give it a go but I can't see myself using this daily.
    Right now I'm using the 3D with a single coils @1.4 ohms and it does everything I need it to do very well.
    luntingsir likes this.
    Peter

GP Paps 2.5 ss - Greece
    GP Paps 2.5 Lux - Greece
    Billet Box Piebald - USA
    Joyetech Evic - China
    Innokin iTaste 134 mini - China
    Taifun GT - Germany

Arriving Soon
    Hana Modz V3 - USA
    Aviator - Germany
    GP Paps X Ti - Greece
    sc_rufctr likes this.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast