Lightbulb New to vaping, beginner gear?

Hi,
    I am new to vaping, I've just been on disposable 0mg e-cigs for a while, and although they are cheap and effective I want to take it to the next level. I make my own juice so I need something with a tank system. I don't have a lot of money to spend at the moment, but I came across the ego-t ce4 vape pen on ebay for just under $20.
    It comes with a tank, a mouthpiece, a battery, a charger. I understand that being cheap it may not last long, but I plan to clean it. I have read online that soaking the clearomizers in certain substances will clean out all the gunk and make it like new.
    Some reviews say that it gets full of burnt oil, but the way I make my juice is 100% oil free, so I don't think that will be a problem.
    Anybody with a helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a good day.

AVF Regular
    Hey Batman, All your questions have been answered. Do have a trawl through the new vapers section. Covered are your questions on what you may need in terms of hardware and how to maintain them. There are suggestions on what sort of hardware to get.

you will need to clean your atomiser regularly, and at some point replace it. The CE4 unit you are looking at is disposable - i.e. throw away, not able to fit a replacement coil. They are fine, but there are better units out there.

where are you located ? There may be someone local that can assist, or there may be a shop nearby that can show you the ropes.

Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.
    Noes List !

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I have read online that soaking the clearomizers in certain substances will clean out all the gunk and make it like new.
    Some reviews say that it gets full of burnt oil, but the way I make my juice is 100% oil free, so I don't think that will be a problem.
    I could be wrong but I don't think they actually mean oil, I've always assumed it's been mistranslated.

I've had CE4's and I think they'd be near impossible to clean but they drove me nuts because they would leak into my battery compartment.

I now use these -> https://www.fasttech.com/p/1535302 You can actually replace the coil heads in these, or even rebuild them with wick/coil that is cheap to buy from FastTech (I haven't tried it, my wick/coil combo's are still in the mail). "Apparently" it's easy, I've got 50 to practise on for $3, surely I'll be able to make a few work.

while you're at FastTech, you'll probably find cheaper deals than you found on ebay too but you'd have to wait for it to get here

AVF Regular
    EVODD starter kit. It's simple to use and has everything you need.

EVOD Starter Kit | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad

AVF Regular
    The EVOD above is a decent first choice, the EVOD tanks imo are much better then CE4's which are kinda old tech now. The only thing that i dont like about that starter kit is it doesnt have VV batteries, i dont think many starter kits do though so it may be a good place to start and then just buy some VV batteries.

Again Fasttech sell these much cheaper then here in OZ but you may have to wait, ive heard fasttechs shipping is kinda slow but i cant comment as i have never ordered with them but will be soon.

$32.06 Authentic eVod 650mAh Rechargeable Starter Kit - 2*e-cigs / 1.5ml / 2.5ohm / EU plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If you're willing to travel from Blue Mountains into Sydney, then there is also the Steam-E-Cigs store, where you can see, feel and try a few different setups to see what suits you best. Definitely makes a difference, and plus they can help you out as well