Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Burnt taste

AVF Regular

Burnt taste

Hi all..Benn running a mvp v2 fro a while now with kanger t3s clearos.
    Decided to try out the vivi nova and iclear30 but both give a burnt taste so horrible.
    Tried different wattage for both but still burnt.

What could cause this as the kangers work fine?

AVF Regular
    What are your PG/VG ratios for your juice like? Are you letting the wicks soak up a bit of juice, and primer puffing them before firing them up?
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    What are your PG/VG ratios for your juice like? Are you letting the wicks soak up a bit of juice, and primer puffing them before firing them up?
    Good morning 308..50/50.Leave stand for about 10 minutes to soak it up..No primer have used before on an ego but they very poor hits on that.I have upped the wattage to 9 fro the iclear30
    And seems a little better so may have to find the ideal setting as for the nova will put in new coil and try later. Cheers

Stick with the bottom coil tanks so your not fighting gravity, I have never been a big fan of top coil tanks.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ados View Post
    Stick with the bottom coil tanks so your not fighting gravity, I have never been a big fan of top coil tanks.
    True..I started with ce4's and could never let it go below 1/3 before it stopped drawing up the wicks and had to top up.
    Might get some dual coils and try out.

Have you tried breaking em in on low voltage and workin em up 0.1v at a time till you find the sweet spot .. having said that .. I too have had mixed results with the BDC's .. and am still not sure why some work good and others .. Blaaagh .. using same mod and same juice .. Got me baffled .. I just put it down to dud coils .. Not really experienced enough though .. Don't use my CE4's any more but found they worked better when I left em lying down .. Specially when under half full.
    Smoke Free 'n Vaping Happily
    Since 1/2/2014

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OL'54MOD View Post
    Have you tried breaking em in on low voltage and workin em up 0.1v at a time till you find the sweet spot .. having said that .. I too have had mixed results with the BDC's .. and am still not sure why some work good and others .. Blaaagh .. using same mod and same juice .. Got me baffled .. I just put it down to dud coils .. Not really experienced enough though .. Don't use my CE4's any more but found they worked better when I left em lying down .. Specially when under half full.
    Havent played with voltage only wattage.Seems about 10 watts is okay,might try voltage also to get a bit more flavour.Reckon the ecig makers have got the devies spot on but really
    need to work on clearos etc.

AVF Regular
    Hi krusty

I'd put even money the burnt taste is 1) The silica in the coil 2) a burnt taste is like a dead body - the smell just gets into you and even on a clean vape your body can imagine it's tasting it.

I have not played with 30clearos but if there is an option to pull out the silica and replace with cotton, that will fix you up
    OL'54MOD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krusty32 View Post
    Havent played with voltage only wattage.Seems about 10 watts is okay,might try voltage also to get a bit more flavour.Reckon the ecig makers have got the devies spot on but really
    need to work on clearos etc.
    FWIW ... when things aren't goin right and I need to get a good vape happening .. I revert to a Boge in a tank .. seems to work for me very consistently .. same thing though .. Break em in low 'n work em up to the sweet spot.
    Smoke Free 'n Vaping Happily
    Since 1/2/2014

Which iclear 30? There's 3 types, original with exposed wick (30), improved one with contained wick (30S), and bottom dual coil (30B).
    Also, how is the draw? I find them pretty tight at best, but could have even more restricted air than normal if poor 510 airflow and that could make them overheat and burn I guess.

I haven't tried the 30B, but heard nothing good about them. With the original and 30S, they like about 9.5W maximum But one of the new fixed wattage electronic mods innokin sells with (and for the iclear30) is set for 8.5W I think. edit: their coolfire 1
    Last edited by coopz; 25-04-14 at 05:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast