Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Batteries!!!

AVF Regular

Batteries!!!

hey will my aw 18350's comfortably run a 0.7 ohm build? i am going to a concert tonight and want to provide my free smoke machine service to the performance
    OL'54MOD likes this.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

Pinched from a different forum .....

"Running a 0.7 ohm coil you are drawing 6 amp continuous discharge rate from that AW 18350. It's CDR is rated at 6.8 amps, so you are pushing that battery to its limit with every use. No battery will last long with that kind of heavy use."

I personally would have NFI, but a quick google search found plenty of information
    Vaping - Where have you been all my life?!?!?!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmanos View Post
    hey will my aw 18350's comfortably run a 0.7 ohm build? i am going to a concert tonight and want to provide my free smoke machine service to the performance
    Not sure if trolling or genuine question....

In any event, i wouldn't push an 18350 that hard. Not to mention the smoke machine will stop producing very quickly at that draw
    jlmanos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlmanos View Post
    No to the first question.

No to the second statement.
    Nakor likes this.

AVF Regular
    okay thanks guys.. i guess ill have to use a different one tonight..
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    No to the first question.

No to the second statement.
    What he said.

Also, if you're asking these sorts of questions you should probably do some more research before going sub ohm.

AVF Regular
    well i usually run the aqua with a 30amp 18650 sony battery and being .7 i wasn't concerned about working out the ohms law calculations as i know people who run lower.. i understand the dangers of sub ohm vaping, i am not a n00b, i was just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    What he said.

Also, if you're asking these sorts of questions you should probably do some more research before going sub ohm.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    Shell be right. Go for it. I usually run 0.8 on 18350 but sometimes 0.6. Im on the purple efests these days. They kick ass. They can handle 10.5 Amps.
    Last edited by arth_d; 25-04-14 at 09:55 PM.
    jlmanos likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oooh... 10.5A 18350's exist now? MUST ACQUIRE .

I normally run about 0.8 ohm with AW 18350's... but that's as far as I feel comfortable pushing them on a regular basis (that's 5.25A), and it's at home where I'm sitting next to a charger (or in a situation where I can carry an assload of spares). They wouldn't last a whole concert with that load on them anyway.

Depending on the type of concert it is... you might want to just take whatever stuff will last all night and you don't care too much if it gets dinged or dropped, and just concentrate on enjoying yourself without worrying about your vape gear. Or maybe I just to go to particularly energetic concerts .
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    If your device has a high ohmage if that's a word .7 might be fine with 18350 but wouldn't do it if you don't no to be safe.example,I have a mod that has a .6ohm resistance(I no that's crap but love the design) so I build .7ohm coils on it with no problems as the resistance the battery is getting is 1.3.But have tried the same build on a genny hybread where it's resistance was pretty near 0 and you could feel the battery heat up within a couple min.Never ignore recommendations if you are unsure would be my advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast