Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Protank3/areotank coils

AVF Regular

Protank3/areotank coils

Anyone had a go at recoiling these, I've got both but don't fancy shelling out a $1.80 a pop because in the main I've been largely unimpressed with their performance. I've seen a couple of vague YouTube reviews so it can be done.

AVF Regular
    This looks to be the easiest way: Kanger Aerotank Coil Rebuild - YouTube
    essiemessy and ben_76 like this.

i feel the same way, they just seem to fail on me after 4-6 days without fail.

AVF Regular
    4-6 days!? What are you vaping, nitric acid at 300W?

I get at least 4 weeks easy. A quick rinse and dry every week, (no dry burn). None of my liquids are especially dark though.

thats what i get from aerotanks. must just be unlucky with those coils. my normal protank / evod lasts forever, im almost 6weeks on a single evod coil

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponky View Post
    4-6 days!? What are you vaping, nitric acid at 300W?

I get at least 4 weeks easy. A quick rinse and dry every week, (no dry burn). None of my liquids are especially dark though.
    I had both areo tank coils fail on me out of the box they were both shorting I had to remove the stack and fiddle around with them and even after that they weren't right, they were so poorly wrapped it wasn't funny. The PT3 coils were a lot better but I only got 3 or 4 days out of one coil I'm going to soak and dry them I'm not sure about dry burning duel coils. All in all I think the kanger duel coils are absolute garbage I'm so unhappy with them I should have just got a protank 2 with an AFC base would have been a lot less hassle

Quote Originally Posted by Eroda View Post
    they just seem to fail on me after 4-6 days without fail.
    They fail without fail? haha.
    jlmanos likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ok so I've had a go at rebuilding an areotank coil using 2 x 1.8ohm pre made wick and wire with a 2mm piece of silica separating the 2 coils. But I've yet to check the resistance, now my question is if I put the coil on my itaste or Vamo and there's a dead short I won't blow myself up will I ?
    I watched a YouTube video where a guy made 2 micro coils on top of one another and he said resistance/non resistance wire wasn't required any advice very welcomed.

AVF Regular
    Two 1.8 Ohm coils in parallel will come out at 0.9 Ohms. The Vamo V5 will only fire down to 1.2 Ohm coils. It wont blow up but it wont heat the coils either. It will just show some error code. Your Itaste vv v3 will have similar problems.

You need to wind two coils of at least 3.6 Ohms each to get at least 1.8 Ohms when you parallel them up.

EDIT: if you have microsoft Excel download this coil calculator: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ulator_V3.xlsm
    ben_76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    if you have a device that shows resistance like a vamo or resistance checker, check it on there a few times before firing it up, it can be dangerous if something is wrong and you run it on a mech mod, your mostly safe if you fire it up with a protected battery or even a twist, but even still strange things can happen with the coil like staying on even after releasing the button on the device, it has to be unscrewed real quick or badness will follow, always check a new coil before firing it up to be safe

no need for nr-r-nr wire, just dont dry burn it otherwise you could melt the rubber and get a bad taste, and if your doing dual coil, be sure to have good separation of the wires out the bottom of the coil
    ben_76 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast