Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Magma RDA

AVF Regular

Magma RDA

Any of you guys happy with this RDA, to those that have got it?

I've heard that its a decent dripper, but the feedback that concerns me is the whistle noise it makes when vaping, and also the lack of o-rings which could lead to unnecessary leaking.

I did see a YTer review it (can't link to video right now), but indeed the whistle noise is loud and he complained about leaking; also could be his build but who knows?

I'm interested in buying it, but thought I'd throw this out on AVF whilst I do some more research.

Mic

AVF Regular
    Whistling isn't as loud as, say, a KFL+, but yeah it's definately there.

Don't think they thought the design through in terms of weepage...which definately happens.

However, I'm unaware of how it's happening...dunno if it's just seeping out from under the top cap or out of the airhole and then collecting under the airhole cover. I'll experiment with it later.

Don't let it put you off, as I still think it's a cracking RDA. Really easy to piece together

AVF Regular
    You think a KFL+ is quieter than the Magma? I'm sold then!
    I love the draw on the KFL+.. My best atty to date. I would just love a quality dripper in my arsenal. The dripper will not be a portable option so I suppose leakage isn't a massive deal...

AVF Regular
    No I think the KFL+ is louder than the Magma, although I am basing that on a clone and my memory. The Magma may be louder, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with the Magma, or the Origen for that matter. Just depends what kind of coil orientation you want. I find that the Magma stands up to chain vaping better as the wick is in the well on both sides.

In my opinion it would be in your best interests to get some kind of coil wrapping rig to accompany it, as when building dual coils both coils need to be pretty much exactly the same. Some people more apt than I at coils probably don't have a problem but I went through nearly 5 builds on the Origen and 10 on the Magma before I gave up. Got my KK Vapetek coil jig and I got them both right first go.

I would get either from intaste as they ship quick and, judging by the state of TVS's shipment, they aren't getting dicked around by Paradigm. Mine was correctly packaged and arrived in excellent condition.

AVF Regular
    I have the genuine KFL+ and I would hardly say its noisy, so when you mentioned it I thought it wouldn't be a big issue. Just the bloke that posted his review on YT, it was annoyingly loud.

Intaste have it in stock right now, and I bought off them. Amazing service, you'd think they ship out of Sydney.

It doesn't mention the "V2" version from Intaste, so what's your version?

AVF Regular
    By v2 do you mean Origen or Magma?

I just flicked through a review of the "Magma v2" and I can't see any difference between that one and the one I received, so I assume what I have is a v2.

If it's the same review you saw where he complained where the air intake made noise - it does make that much noise. It doesn't "whistle", but you can hear the air intake.

AVF Regular
    Definitely the Magma. I was looking at the Origen but not in stock.

I noticed that you are in Sydney, so if you live in the Eastern suburbs area I'd love to see it in real life! Just throwing it out there lol.
    Last edited by Micdeez; 28-04-14 at 05:17 PM.

AVF Regular
    I've got the Magma clone. CLOUD MACHINE! Very happy with it.

Will be even happier when/if the authentic does finally get to TVS.
    Even with the wait I'm glad I jumped straight onto these. Soon to be a "Unicorn" given Paradigms slow manufacturing and QA process.

Despite claims otherwise Paradigm are still having QA problems and they are pretty much ignorant on FB. They do have a separate Support Group page on FB.

Clone don't whistle and the well is enormous. Only design flaw I can see with the Magma is the air holes are flush with deck.
    I believe condensate and loose juice landing on deck can easily leak down the air holes. If they were raised .5 mm problem solved.
    In saying that though not much leakage unless left on its side.

My advice. Don't look a gift unicorn in the mouth. F5,F5,F5.

Magma Clone Build
    1.5 Ohm dual coil
    30# @ 9 wrap

AVF Regular
    where dafuq did u get the clone from bobbavet? - i didnt even think there was one yet lol

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    where dafuq did u get the clone from bobbavet? - i didnt even think there was one yet lol
    I am a member of a FB group that group buys clones. Group order shipped to US and then shipped out. Not as cheap as FT but ya get gear before it appears in FT if it does.

I've bought all kinds of stuff lately. But it's at own risk. Their has been trouble with dodgey RDA's recently. Crown and Magma loose posts. I got lucky with my Magma, others not so.

I have got a Hades Staino/Brass and Magma at present. I have Copper Hades and Copper Stingray in transit.

I havent seen a Magma clone elsewhere, but I haven't really been looking. I do believe we were the first group to get them though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast