Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crisscross

Thread: new boge lr cartomizer problems

new boge lr cartomizer problems

Hi all. I got some boge pre punched lr cartomizers from health cabin with my cheap liquid while waiting for my US liquid but have noticed after priming the cartos are hard to pull through. Just wondering if they are real boges or not? Maybe too tightly packed wicking I'm not sure the PG/vg ratio is 80/20 so it shouldn't be too thick but has a very hard draw. Am i doing something wrong? I am waiting for my vks slotted cartos hopefully tomorrow but seem I'm wasting time on these pre punched ones and having an analog here and there out of frustration.

AVF Regular
    It sounds as though you are trying to suck the liquid up through the drip tip. You should not create a vacuum, put the tip in the corner of your mouth and take 50% air around the drip tip. If you suck with closed lips on the tip you are not giving the liquid a chance to turn into vaper.

You also need airflow between the bottom of the tank and the top of your device.

There is a big difference in the duking of a cig give vs vaping. Google vaping technique and you will see the differences. Do you have anyone you can meet in RL that can check what your doing.
    Bill likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Thanks seems to pull a little easier but I'm not getting anymore throat hit at 11 watts than i was at 8.6 on SR cartos. I'll google now thanks for the quick reply.

AVF Regular
    TH is dependant on nic strength, pg, or an irritant in the flavour (menthol, cinnamon, flash etc)

I can't imagine vaping at 11 watts (8 watts for me) so all I can think of is that what you thought was TH was actually burnt.

Use this calculator to work out your optimum voltage/wattage. It's my experience that each Eliquid has its own optimum level. Hard to guess what's going on unless you either lay it all out for me. What settings, what resistance, what gear etc or pics maybe.

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

LR boges from healthcabin are 2-2.2ohms
    Last edited by Crisscross; 28-04-14 at 10:52 PM.

Using an evic at 24 mg vanilla but when i used my brothers 100% PG vanilla it was much better at lower watts and no burnt taste but that was from veppocig and am waiting for mine from there it tastes great with the hit I'm after. I switched to lr from SR to get more watts to get the throat hit but it does not taste burnt i found out what that's like the other day

AVF Regular
    Have a look at this chart for safe wattage levels on a chart

A simple wattage chart showing the relationship between voltage and resistance

When you use that calculator you should be able to see that the combo will give you power. We use menthol Eliquid at 70/30 PG/VG

Eg I use LR cartos 2.2 at 4.1 to give approx 8watts
    Hubby uses SR 2.8-3 At 4.8 to give a approx 8watts

Any higher voltage and our Eliquid burns. We only use 8mg nic so menthol is used to give TH. We both get the same tasting vape but I open my beauty ring and add more air which works better on LR

You may get better vapour with more VG.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 28-04-14 at 11:09 PM.

Hmmm all seems like its going to take some trial and error i guess and in the end I'll get it right. Thanks heaps for your input. Maybe its the battery level too? its down to about 60% now

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hmmm all seems like its going to take some trial and error i guess and in the end I'll get it right. Thanks heaps for your input. Maybe its the battery level too? its down to about 60% now
    Evic should hold wattage level until battery is too low then it will turn off and not fire.

Ok thanks I'll just wait for my new cartos and liquid and see what happens. I'm still googling and seems there's more to it than i first thought. Thanks again