Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Help!!! 2 pieces of kayfun stuck together

Help!!! 2 pieces of kayfun stuck together

Ok 2 pieces of my kayfun 3.1 clone are stuck together. I have tried numerous things and can't get them apart. The pieces are the top cap and the top part of the nano tank. Doesn't matter what i do i can get them to unscrew.

Any ideas would be very helpful.
    Chana DNA30 - Magma - UD AGI - KFL

AVF Regular
    try using rubber gloves works for me

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Rubber gloves as already suggested & if that doesn't work, put the KF in the freezer for 5 -10mins & try again.
    Heating the nana tank section by holding it in your hand for a minute before trying to undo the top cap (dont warm the top cap) will also help.
    Cold metal contracts & warm metal expands, the idea is to try to keep the top cap threads cold but warm the nano threads since they are the "outer threads" .
    Spyro likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

ok will try both ideas when i get home this arvo... Cheers
    Chana DNA30 - Magma - UD AGI - KFL

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by donb View Post
    ok will try both ideas when i get home this arvo... Cheers
    NP, also as a last resort you could try a couple of pairs of vice grips but if you do be prepared for marks & scratches.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    You can get these gloves called gorilla grip at Bunnings... They really help for when parts are seized. Recommend getting a pair, is what got my seized Kayfun apart

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    weissesfleisch likes this.

I've stolen one of those rubber things used for opening tight lids on jars/bottles etc. from my kitchen, and it works great on my KFL+. It now resides in my vape box, and my wife has been looking for it for months!

Cheers
    Darren
    ckane, Gresh11, Monk EyBoy and 2 others like this.

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    bloody legend! just tell her it must be in the same place your missing odd socks go..
    Quote Originally Posted by dash213 View Post
    my wife has been looking for it for months!
    Whizgig likes this.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    you'll be tempted to squeeze hard on the larger & flatter surface. The ring. It will slightly distort and make it harder to undo.
    Hold thin ring evenly to apply pressure the whole way around. Squeeze and twist the crap out of the solid top cap.

]6⁹.12[

AVF Regular
    if you have a metal centre section of the kayfun tank then screw that onto the other end of the nano ring

then as sushi says try to get a grip evenly around the area where the nano meets the metal tank section - this will help it to not distort - alternatively try gripping it from the inside rather than the outside of the tank/ring

also - after taking it out of the freezer tap it a couple of times onto the table to loosen it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast