Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: the provari

the provari

hi all

have been really on the fence for the past month or so about the provari. ive seen some really awesome reviews on them and the thought has often crossed my mind to lash out and buy one but cant seem to justify spending so much money on a mod. maybe some provari owners on here may be able to help me out to make up my mind on this mod

has anyone had any issues with them?
    how long do they last?
    what is the build quality like?

any un biased thoughts would be great to put this issue in my mind to rest

cheers,
    vman

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Hi Vman,

a search will probably give you all you need to know, but I've had a v2.5 for about 6 months and have had no problems with it. If you're after a vv mod you won't find much better or more reliable. There are other things coming out all the time, but if you're happy to stay above about 1 ohm I would highly recommend. If you're used to sub-ohming, not the best selection. I usually use mechs these days, but the provari still gets regular use. I hear they've also finally got around to improving airflow.

If you're on the fence, it's worth the plunge. A check of the classifieds will show that they are pretty good on resale value if you find it's not for you.

LMB

AVF Regular
    No issues at all.
    Mine has been going strong for 1.5 years. Dropped it plenty of times.
    The build quality is top of the line. Solid, strong, good threading.

When i bought mine i stopped looking for upgrades. I even bought myself a backup incase it does die one day. For the price of a couple of cartons its well worth the money. I will likely outlast several cheaper mods and will save you in the long run imo.
    Vman90 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    Hi Vman,

a search will probably give you all you need to know, but I've had a v2.5 for about 6 months and have had no problems with it. If you're after a vv mod you won't find much better or more reliable. There are other things coming out all the time, but if you're happy to stay above about 1 ohm I would highly recommend. If you're used to sub-ohming, not the best selection. I usually use mechs these days, but the provari still gets regular use. I hear they've also finally got around to improving airflow.

If you're on the fence, it's worth the plunge. A check of the classifieds will show that they are pretty good on resale value if you find it's not for you.

LMB
    not really into sub ohm (yet) as i already run a 1.5ohm coil in my protank 3 mini and manage to get some decent clouds off it. may still have to wait another month to finally take the plunge into the merc of mods. what are they like for ease of use?

Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    No issues at all.
    Mine has been going strong for 1.5 years. Dropped it plenty of times.
    The build quality is top of the line. Solid, strong, good threading.
    1.5 years is a fair while. as a heavy vaper ive just about worn my mvp out. it doesnt hold charge like before. maybe im just taking longer puffs. if i can drop it w/o it breaking it that may work for me as im a bit of a klutz with tech. i drop my iphone all the time and it doesnt work well anymore

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman90 View Post
    not really into sub ohm (yet) as i already run a 1.5ohm coil in my protank 3 mini and manage to get some decent clouds off it. may still have to wait another month to finally take the plunge into the merc of mods. what are they like for ease of use?
    If you're on the protanks the provari is the perfect accompaniment, particularly if you're not rebuilding. Mechs are great once you've got an understanding of ohm's law and the ability to build a coil, but be warned if you think the provari is expensive you ain't seen nothing yet. Shinyitis is a *****.

The Provari was my first mod a week after buying my first ego.

It was a lot to stomach, Provari plus batteries plus charger. ...

It is a precision tool. It may not have the character of a mechanical, but that's not the aim.

The details - regulated voltage, ease of use and indestructible nature.

It may be all you ever need in a mod, it certainly will never let you Down.

Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    If you're on the protanks the provari is the perfect accompaniment, particularly if you're not rebuilding. Mechs are great once you've got an understanding of ohm's law and the ability to build a coil, but be warned if you think the provari is expensive you ain't seen nothing yet. Shinyitis is a *****.
    i have to agree with you about shinyitis. waiting eagerly for my vamo as a work vape. will the provari work with the mini as its ego threaded or would i need to buy an adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by D Jovanovic View Post
    The Provari was my first mod a week after buying my first ego.

It was a lot to stomach, Provari plus batteries plus charger. ...

It is a precision tool. It may not have the character of a mechanical, but that's not the aim.

The details - regulated voltage, ease of use and indestructible nature.

It may be all you ever need in a mod, it certainly will never let you Down.
    id hope it would be indestructable for the $200 price tag. i think id buy it in aus just because i dont like to wait too long lol.
    at least id get it with a 1 year warranty so that would be a little piece of mind.

what would be better the 2.5 or the mini provari

Quote Originally Posted by Vman90 View Post
    id hope it would be indestructable for the $200 price tag. i think id buy it in aus just because i dont like to wait too long lol.
    at least id get it with a 1 year warranty so that would be a little piece of mind.

what would be better the 2.5 or the mini provari
    I have the mini, if you take it with you in the morning, and moderately vape with it, the small battery will not last you all day, so you carry at least another battery. This is fine, as long as you're carrying the battery.

With the extension cap, you can get a good solid day out of a 18490 batt. But then, you may as well have bought the 2.5.

The mini is nice and small once you hold it, but put a kayfun on..then the extension, and it's a decent length.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast