Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By shaitan667

Thread: Got my first Rebuildable

Got my first Rebuildable

So, my Vapeking order arrived today An IGO-F RDA, 10m of 28g kanthal, and 25 sterile cotton balls.

This is my first rebuildable - I have a Kayfun 3.1 clone and Taifun GT clone on their way from Fasttech.

Took probably 4 attempts to wrap a coil I was happy with. Kept using screwdrivers that were a bit too big. Ended up at 1.8 Ohms. Used cotton for the wick. Seems to be going pretty well - I can go to 15W without issue on the SVD. The Nautilus and the iClear30 seems to only like 10W and less.

I have one part of the cotton going through one of the holes, this then lines the top of the tank. Coil wraps aren't to tight together, but it burns from the inside out, so that's good.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the thing, it's just a bit small to work on for a first timer. But hopefully, this will make it easier for me when the two larger ones arrive.

Pic's -
    Andrew Ross's (shaitan667) Library | Photobucket

Try wrapping around a 2mm drill bit, if you heat the wire with a flame until it goes red before you start wrapping and then keep the tension on and the wires contacting as you wrap you should be able to get them closer easier. Whatever chucks off vapour is a win

AVF Regular
    Well done mate.. I've not yet plunged into rebuildables but I have been looking at them. They seem awfully fiddly but I guess practice makes perfect. Knowing my luck I'll buy an expensive one and end up breaking it!

AVF Regular
    I would be a bit concerned with the blue sparks that it is chucking out.

AVF Regular
    Is that the one with the optional 1ml tank underneath? If so, more deets please!

It is the one with the 1mL tank - don't really use it. Haha - the blue is from the PC's fans.

I will get a butane torch this weekend I think.

After a couple of days use, I'm still pretty happy with it. I had Lucious by Lick vapours - it was nice in the Nautilus, it's even nicer in this! Using Big Heart Flavors Jive Juice (orange) now and it's amazing! 13W seems to be my sweet spot.