Clearomiser Woes

Hey everyone,

Just hoping for some advice on clearos.

I started vaping again a few months back after a failed attempt a few years ago, and holy hell how the technology has changed. After scouring through reviews I picked up a 1300mAh Vision Spinner and a bunch of EVOD BCCs. I really like the BCCs but most of them started springing leaks, gurgling or popping hot juice onto my tongue after a while so I decided to try some others.

I ordered a couple of mini Vivi Novas and couldn't get into them, just didn't give the cloud and flavour I was used to with the BCCs.

I've just got a couple of the new Aspire BDC CE5-s (1.8ohm dual). I really wanted to like these, they've got rave reviews everywhere, look cool on my Spinner and make an awesome flavoursome vape, but a few minutes of vaping the draw suddenly gets really tough and stays that way until I put it down for an hour or two and come back to it. I don't know why. Plus I already stuffed one of the atomisers when I snapped one of the thin flimsy O-rings when cleaning.

Finally, I've got a few of the new dual-coil EVOD 2s (1.5ohm). I LOVE the cloud, flavour and throat hit of these, but the vapour gets seriously hot after a few long draws and it gets a little unbearable. I also find it a bit airy, but I can cover up one of the holes to deal with that.

Out of all of the above, the EVOD 2s are my favourites so far and I'll stick with 'em for the time being, but I can't help thinking my perfect clearomiser is out there somewhere waiting for me. I'm wondering if I could get some recommendations, or even some encouragement to give any of the ones I've mentioned here another go in case they were duds or the problems were easily rectifiable. I used all the ones here at between 3.3-3.9V, anything over that got all burnty.

Oh yeah - I also have a mini Protank 3 that I am yet to use (waiting to break it in with my first VapingMad order that's coming tomorrow). It probably won't become a regular out-and-abouter though due to the glass and my ham-fisted coordination.

Thanks in advance!

Luke

Bumping...

Anyone??

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
    Bumping...

Anyone??
    Hi ... I've recently moved on from my Aspire BDC CE5s to Aspire ET-S BDC glassomisers and think they're a big improvement except for the non replaceable metal mouth piece ... Although I still pick up the CE5s when I can't be bothered washing out an ET-S
    I use these on an EGO.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

Quote Originally Posted by remi1au View Post
    Hi ... I've recently moved on from my Aspire BDC CE5s to Aspire ET-S BDC glassomisers and think they're a big improvement except for the non replaceable metal mouth piece ... Although I still pick up the CE5s when I can't be bothered washing out an ET-S
    I use these on an EGO.
    Cheers, I was about to order a couple the other day but then wasn't sure if I'd like them after being disappointed with the CE5. I'll try them out, and try not to keep knocking my e-cig off the table.

AVF Regular
    Hey chimaera.... I'm a die hard fan of the top fillers cause I find leaking and gurgling tends to be a problem for me with BCC's... I recently purchased some gorgeous glass BCC i-tanks that you can fill from the top via a small hole but they leak awfully and are unusable.

I love the vivi nova's and stardust range of clearomizers.

Some of the members here are die hard fans of boge.. or top fillers... or BBC.

Just keep at it and try a few and see what works for you.

Good luck!

sounds like the Aspire Nautilus with SS tank would be best, IMO, short of RBA's

AVF Regular
    I'll second the Aspire Nautilus. Easy to fill, no leaks and adjustable airflow which is an absolute pleasure. Hands down beats all the clearos I've tried and I'm finding it better than my Boge slotted cartos, which for me is saying something.
    Provari V2 - CF Sub-Ohm Battery - Eleaf iPower 80w - ECT X.FIR II - Aspire Nautilus - Aspire Atlantis - iClear 30 - Eleaf Lemo 2 - Alien RDA

Yeah, the Aspire BDC's joined a long list of clearomisers that I just couldn't get to work for me. Ended up with rebuildable's...at least I know what's wrong with them when they get funky on me.

AVF Regular
    2 words for you ... carto tanks. grab yourself a couple of cheap tanks and some drilled or slotted cartos and give 'em a go. make sure you watch a couple of youtube clips on priming your cartos properly and you won't look back.