Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rebuildable Atomizer question

Rebuildable Atomizer question

Hi guys, I have been vaping for a short while and have what is likely to be a silly question I would really appreciate an answer to..

How long does a well built rebuild able atomizer last?

I'm not talking about the coil and wick, I'm thinking in terms of the retail unit itself.

Does anything other than the coil or wick "wear out" or could someone theoretically re coil and wick a rebuild able unit indefinitely?

Thank you very much in advance

No specific answer but I've got a KFL+ about to hit the 6 month mark and still all good. I'd say the 510 connector is the bit that's gonna wear before anything else. That's being screwed on and off once or twice a day it's going to be the bit to wear out.

You looking at anything specifically or just a random question?

AVF Regular
    Im not sure but i think they would last a while especially if they are metal and not plastic or glass.

I think the thing that you need to look out for are the o-rings and insulators. Someone will correct me if im wrong

Am sure others will chime in!

Orings / seals maybe
    Smoke Free 'n Vaping Happily
    Since 1/2/2014

AVF Regular
    Fill from the top and you dont have to unscrew it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    No specific answer but I've got a KFL+ about to hit the 6 month mark and still all good. I'd say the 510 connector is the bit that's gonna wear before anything else. That's being screwed on and off once or twice a day it's going to be the bit to wear out.

You looking at anything specifically or just a random question?

Super Moderator
    This is one of the few instances I would probably dare dip my toes in the water with the clone/original debate .
    I think if you had a quality "name" mod your longevity is "usually" going to be there ... you shouldnt get nasty suprises like corroding screws etc ... replacement parts "should" be obtainable.. and the general fit and finish is just that little bit better ... smoother threads etc , less wear and better fit .
    If you go for a full stainless atty of 316 stainless and treat it well, theoretically it should outlast you .
    Things like o-rings are consumer items and will need to be sourced .
    As others have mentioned if all things are considered , provided you can source insulators ( if used ) and O-rings an atty should last you years .
    The quality of materials and machining are the things that are gonna give you long term practicality

edit ... when I find an atty I like , I usually try and order another as a spare , and get spares of consumables like O-rings/insulators/connectors BEFORE the mod drops out of favour .. that way I am covered in the future .
    Last edited by Fatman; 03-05-14 at 02:12 AM.
    CMB, 308hjute, Toddosh and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Thank you for your replies. I don't have a specific unit in mind, but the responses really helped clear that up for me...

I think it's about time I start looking at getting into rebuildable units

Thanks again guys

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I have a couple of units that are 2 years old, the 510 thread is starting to wear. Seals arnt as good but it doesn't leak.
    Vaped since April 2012

captcha bugs kept me from registering

To keep your RBA's living as long as possible it's all just maintenance.

Id disassemble my gear once every week, give it a good wash, clean it with cotton balls or Q-tips to get into hard to reach places, run tissues over any threads to get any gunk out, and inspect for any wear. I started vaping in June 2013 and all but 1 Ego Spinner still works! (I dropped the Ego Spinner, whoops lol)

AVF Regular
    O-rings are easy to source as long as you have the original or know the size. Working for a massive hydraulic company makes it even easier (for me).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast