Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By avtek
  • 1 Post By lheamfrg

Thread: "Mongrel Mechs"- show us yer bitsa mods

AVF Regular

"Mongrel Mechs"- show us yer bitsa mods

been using this for the last coupla days as my second in line

top cap and centre tube is from a beat up brass sentinel clone that keithy george gave me to try - the top tube and bottom tube is from the ehpro ss ea clone i bought from steve c in a bulk lot

[IMG][/IMG]

before this combo i had not enjoyed the ea clone much - its well made etc but the top cap was just huge as it has an ego(!) connection as well as a 510 as well as a ridiculously long pin - also the ss stainless centre tube was very long as well and you had to use a different centre tube for 18350 mode

the brass sentinel on the other hand was just too bulky in its top and bottom tubes - also the bottom firing button was a bit wonky whenever you stood the mod up

the way it is now in mongrel mode just uses the best bits from both clones and for the first time i am enjoying side button firing mechs - whereas up until now i had only enjoyed using bottom firing mechs

on top is just a ft igo w - (the one with stainless posts that i replaced the screws on) and one of the ft $2 clear caps running at .7ohms

anyone else out there found a sweet mongrel combo??

Nice, I always wanted to try a ehpro EA but never got around to it. Other EA clones I was never interested in because I thought they were a bit crap.

But no bitsas here, mainly use the VTR or the astro, and shock horror a evod and protank on ego batteries with custom coils and cotton this week. Feeling like a cheap dirty cig flavour and don't want those juices in my RDA/RBAs. Been suprised how good I can make an evod and protank work these days LOL.
    there was some crazy ones in the fasttech forums that I saw last year though, some guy trying to join as many as possible into some working behemoth. aesop, e_smoke or pinoyboy maybe? Dunno, forgot the rest of them.
    Last edited by coopz; 03-05-14 at 10:10 PM.

AVF Regular
    heya coopz - i havent thrown away any of my evods or used coils - will get around to them again one day - never got round to mastering the rebuild on them - they are so compact compared to say a mini kayfun which is the same juice capacity

the ehpro ea has a great button and no spring - the battery sits on a solid brass post - solid as- but with the top cap it sells with id say dont bother to be honest unless you have one of these sentinel top caps

i had a look at the ft thread you speak of yesterday lol -

AVF Regular
    My bitsa. Gus switch, GM brass tube and GP top cap with a DID running with a kick and 18500

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lheamfrg; 03-05-14 at 11:31 PM.
    avtek likes this.