VTR 510 Threads Stripped

I knew it was coming, it began with my iClear 30S not screwing down enough to make contact, but I was still able to screw on the standard iClear 30 and happily vape away.

Alas, today the dreaded thing got worse and now, even the iClear 30 will no longer screw down tight enough to make constant contact with the pin.

I pulled the VTR apart and will get back to try and fix it, time permitting, in the near future.

In the interim, I am revisiting my vaping past, have dusted off the old eVic, put on a new set of black skins fired it up.

Before you judge me, I should say that I have various mechanical mods and other VV/VW devices, but my faithful eVic has many fond memories, that I am enjoying once again; it was, afterall, the device that I got off the smokes with, so it can't be all bad.

It has seriously started me thinking about buying the new eVic Supreme that I posted about here the other day: eVic Supreme 30 W

Scoff it you like, buy my eVic is 12 months old now and while it may not have had much recent use, it is still performing brilliantly and in daily usage, lasted a lot longer then my VTR.

AVF Regular
    Nothing wrong with the evic. It does the job and tells you the time.Mines lasted over a year so far

Sorry to read about your VTR. I've heard the stories so when I got mine I thought "bugger the warranty, it's not going to last long anyway", and I ground off the ring, fitted a kayfun 3.1 that will hardly ever be unscrewed. I'm just going to rebuild/fill in situ.

AVF Regular
    Thats the good thing about hybrid connectors saves those pissy 510 connections.

Nah, it's not just that. Innokin just make really bad ones. Most China ego clones or innokin VW/VV device just has crap 510 threads.
    China mech mod clones aren't so bad usually, but most China ego clones or innokin VW/VV devices specialize in delivering the worst 510 threads you have ever encountered.

Retired Account
    Just a thought.. evic threads are also made of cheese
    Not sure what you've got on it, but if you can unscrew it and fill it without unscrewing it from the evic (that probably doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?) you will get a longer lifespan than if you're constantly unscrewing from the evic threads.

It makes sense and that was similar to what I was saying, only use top fill devices that need minimal coil changes and then your innokin/China/VW/VW mod will last a long time

Yeah, I am using the iClear 30S on the eVic now, so should be fine (hopefully)....;-)