Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MeeZoiD

Thread: New Hardware - upgrade to SVD from Twists/Spinners

New Hardware - upgrade to SVD from Twists/Spinners

Howdy,
    Doing a bit of late-night window web-shopping last night, and made the impulse decision to get myself an Innokin SVD.
    I couldn't resist when I found them on sale for $10 to $20 cheaper than other places at The Vape Shop ($48).
    Throw in 2 x 18350's, 1 x 18650, a battery case, and a charger, and my order quickly inflated, and with Express Post, I'd spent just a shade over $150.
    When this arrives, it will be my 3rd-generation of vaping hardware. Started with 510 cig-alikes, moved up to ego Twists and Vision Spinners, and now into the realm of VV/VW.
    I'll be pretty keen to give this a thorough testing, and I'll maybe do a review here. I might have some stoopid questions once I take possession...
    Now I'm going to get myself a couple new clearo's to accessorise with the SVD. It's only money...
    Cheers,
    TiD
    TiD - TobaccoIsDead
    Smoked analogue cigarettes for 23 years; I want my money back...
    On the 14th of October, 2013, I murdered tobacco. Vaping ever since.
    Blue Tongue Genesis Hybrid SS/Smok XPRO M80/Smok E-Pipe/Innokin itaste VTR/Sigelei Zmax V5.

Me again, already...
    Two tiny questions:
    1. Should I get some sort of charging pouch for battery safety reasons? (I bought the XTAR VP2 charger)
    2. Anyone have any recommendations for good tanks that work well with the SVD?
    I generally use clearomisers, but would be maybe try cartomisers if there is a good reason to do so.
    Thanks in advance,
    TiD
    TiD - TobaccoIsDead
    Blue Tongue Genesis Hybrid SS/Smok XPRO M80/Smok E-Pipe/Innokin itaste VTR/Sigelei Zmax V5.

Hi Tob...

I have the Lipo bags for my RC Heli & Car batterys but have never used it for my PV 18650's. Mind you i never leave my batterys charging unattended... Is it nessesary, no... Is it best practice, yes... So i guess its a personal choice.

As far as clearo's go i would recommend the Aspire Nautilus (i get them locally from vaporroom or direct from CN if i have time to wait)
    TobaccoIsDead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeZoiD View Post
    Hi Tob...

I have the Lipo bags for my RC Heli & Car batterys but have never used it for my PV 18650's. Mind you i never leave my batterys charging unattended... Is it nessesary, no... Is it best practice, yes... So i guess its a personal choice.

As far as clearo's go i would recommend the Aspire Nautilus (i get them locally from vaporroom or direct from CN if i have time to wait)
    Thanks MeeZoiD! Your advice/recommendations are on-board.

edit: Done it - just bought an Aspire Nautilus (and some other little bits) from VaporRoom.com.au....
    Last edited by TobaccoIsDead; 05-05-14 at 03:29 PM. Reason: update purchase info
    TiD - TobaccoIsDead