Thread: Vamo vs mech

Vamo vs mech

Hi guys I recently purchased a Vamo 5, and my brother purchased a cheap mech unit with a kick.

The mech with the smaller battery hits like a train while my 18650 Vamo doesn't appear to do anything right by comparison

We have different brand batteries from the same brick and mortar store. Could that be the problem, or do variable volt units suffer due to the circuitry in some way?

The difference between the 2 units while using the same juice and tanks is like day and night.

Thank you

AVF Regular
    Are you sure the kick is set to the same wattage as the vamo? The other thing is you do have the Vamo set to watts and not volts don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    Are you sure the kick is set to the same wattage as the vamo? The other thing is you do have the Vamo set to watts and not volts don't you?
    Thanks for the reply Quom. Unfortunately I don't know what the kick is set to in his device. I have tried the vamo at every available watt setting though..

I'm going to buy some new sony batteries today just to rule it out. Does anyone know of an Aus vendor with the VTC5 in stock?

I would try a few different coils first. You could also try another tube for the Vamo which would add another 18650 to the one you already have in it. Big difference in power. Personally, I like the mechanicals, there`s less to do and they don`t blow up on people so much. APV`s are sometimes trouble to keep going, and I do like to sub. Hard to do with an APV. In the end the choice is yours.

On the VAMO turn it on and try holding down the LHS Smaller button for 10 seconds.

(Depending on your model) it will change the mode to RMS (instead of Mean).
    I have a V5 and did the same. There was a big thread on ECF a while back, TLDR tho lol

Actually, I completely overlooked one major factor. What tank are you guys using on your PV's? Are they different?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by phat hk View Post
    Thanks for the reply Quom. Unfortunately I don't know what the kick is set to in his device. I have tried the vamo at every available watt setting though..

I'm going to buy some new sony batteries today just to rule it out. Does anyone know of an Aus vendor with the VTC5 in stock?
    I doubt the batteries will make any difference in the Vamo. The Vamo will regulate the power output so it's not going to matter which type of battery you're using.

Never used a Vamo but i'm guessing its the settings you need to tweak.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

P Busardo, reckons two 18350's in the Vamo 5 boosts the output to over 7 w

Thanks for the the replies = )

I bit the bullet and bought a couple of sony batteries which should arrive soon.

They probably wont make much of a difference in the vamo but the generic looking blue ones I have seem to work well for 20 minutes and then drop off.

I also have a mech with a few drippers and kick module coming so I figured they would be a good investment

I tried setting the unit to RMS and I feel it made a difference (thank you!)

We are using Iclear 30 and Iclear X.1 tanks.

The comparison runs between units would be pretty fair as we are swapping the full tanks from one device to the other