Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: sh@ts and giggles - vaping @ 5 watts

AVF Regular

sh@ts and giggles - vaping @ 5 watts

i read an interesting thread the other day that cop posted regarding battery life and lower watt vaping

HV Microcoils

so yesterday i vaped on my mvps at 8 watts - i got thru the whole day no worries - kinda surprised me tbh as previously i had been on .7 ohm to 1ohm with 28 gauge coils on a mech mod - which on a fresh battery is 25watts to 17.6 watts respectively

so today i did a further experiment - i dug up a ft kick that i had bought ages ago when i was paranoid regarding getting into mech mods but id never used - i wrapped a 2.1 ohm microcoil coil using 30 gauge kanthal on a dripper and set the kick to 5 watts - ie the lowest setting

the calculator tells me that it works out like this 2.1 ohm coil @ 5 watts = 3.24 volts - current draw is 1.54 amps - ie very low indeed

ive been vaping 30/70 6mg since about midday on a single 18500 battery - over 7 hours so far

im very surprised at the result to say the least - no nic withrawals yet and im getting enough vapour with slightly longer draws and i dont really miss the clouds - well for now anyway

next up im gonna try 32 guage - maybe dual coils to bring up the coil surface area

anyone else gone down this road? - i know sushiaddiction has - anyone else?

ps battery gone flat at about 8 hrs - its an aw 18490
    Last edited by avtek; 07-05-14 at 09:29 PM.
    <---cop, mathsguy and Fawks like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm currently using a mixed bag of kit.

At night, I run Pootanks/Hypertank on a FT tube, and my PCAN Marvin mod - 1.8 ohm coils.
    During the day I use Ego batts and T3S clearo with 1.8 ohm coils

I run my vamo at somewhere between 3.5 and 3.9 volts with any of the above clearos, but I up my volts to 4-4.2 when using the RSST. Current coil on that is 1.1 ohms.

Does this mean I'm vaping at the lower end of the spectrum? I always end up with burned juice if I run at higher volts. But its all still new to me.

I get a couple of nights from 18650 2200mah batts, and my ego batts last all day, sometimes 2

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    vapecalc.com

altered have a look above - that is the calculator im using....

your 1.8 ohm coil at 3.5 volts is 6.8 watts etc....

Super Moderator
    I regularly Vape these days at 7.5W or under ... and I have cut my nic from its usual 18-24 down to 12mg or so .... chasing clouds is great , but as long as you are getting the satisfaction from it who cares about burning the crap outta everything lol
    ( but then again I DID just get a regulated mod capable of 30+watts lol )
    mathsguy, MrGruffy and avtek like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I've never been able to get the hang of high wattage vaping - I always end up burned juice when I up the watts.
    Robray likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Been on 5-6W for a while too - I don’t bother with dual coils, 34g round a d=1.5mm wick gives enough vapour and fluid reserve. Batts/juice/coil last longer so it suits my inner lazy bastard.
    Fatman and avtek like this.

AVF Regular
    altered i dont think i went very high ever using clearos - tasted burnt like u say - but i dont think its burnt juice - i think its that the clearos are not wicking fast enough - you mention that with your rsst you up the volts so that would make sense as it is probably wicking better - have you tried a dripper at all - they are very easy to turn the volts up on.....

Super Moderator
    I've been getting 8 hours out of a 650mAh eGo running a 1.4ID 30AWG nichrome contact coil ~1.7 ohms, cotton or bamboo / cotton wick in my little dripper. Incidentally, I've also dropped from 20mg to 14mg to 8mg over a period of 2 weeks ... tobacco steeps for the win
    Robray, mathsguy, Fatman and 2 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Nah - a dripper is the one thing I've not got yet... been waiting for an appropriate one to come up. occasionally when feeling lazy, I'll drip on the rsst, but will get one eventually.

AVF Regular
    Just went through 6 18650 batteries today vaping at 51watts on a .31ohms coil I will try and cut back to 41watts tomorrow and see if I can cope
    Fatman, Gresh11, avtek and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast