Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My First RBA (IGO-L)

AVF Regular

My First RBA (IGO-L)

Just got my IGO-L today so i thought id share my thought's as this is my very first rebuildable.

First, this is what my setup looks like...

So! I got this from Vapeking for $14.99 IGO-L Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

First attempt i wrapped 32g kanthal around a 2mm silica wick about 5 times, which gave me 2ohms fired it at about 4.2 volts and it was okay.. I admit my wrap was quite poor, vapor production was kind of meh, taste was decent.

So then i decided to make a micro coil, i used my slightly larger than 2mm screwdriver to do about 8/9 wraps of 28g kanthal it came out to like 1.4ohm, put in sum sterile cotton and wow, much better! im firing it at about 3.8-4v on my mvp and vapor production is about as good as my protank 2 with the airflow valve at maximum air flow, taste is about 20-30% better than the protank 2.

The draw is quite tight due to the very small air hole, i am considering drilling it out larger, and also im not so sure if the voltage im firing it is optimal or not.

I'm going to try to hit 1.8ohms on my next attempt to see how that does.

Overall im happy with my purchase, and it has inspired me to look for something a bit more advanced like a trident v2 or zenith v2 as my next Rebuildable!
    avtek and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    onya nukem.... coupla things - you should compress your coil so that all the wraps are touching each other - you do this by removing the cotton - heating the coil up by pressing the firing button then take your finger off the button and squeezing the coil together with pliers or tweezers while the coil is still hot - do it a few times til its all compressed

also re opening up the airhole you can do this by using a small round file - file the hole a bit at a time til you get the right size - noe told me about this ages ago and its v easy - you get a pack of files - trojan brand at bunnings for about 15$ - just use the smallest diameter one

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    onya nukem.... coupla things - you should compress your coil so that all the wraps are touching each other - you do this by removing the cotton - heating the coil up by pressing the firing button then take your finger off the button and squeezing the coil together with pliers or tweezers while the coil is still hot - do it a few times til its all compressed

also re opening up the airhole you can do this by using a small round file - file the hole a bit at a time til you get the right size - noe told me about this ages ago and its v easy - you get a pack of files - trojan brand at bunnings for about 15$ - just use the smallest diameter one
    oh cool, i did do the compress trick a few times, but i didnt know they actually needed to be touching, thanks! and the file is a good idea, might make a trip to bunnings tomorrow!
    avtek likes this.

Im a fan or droppers also. Using a agi in dripper mode (drilled air hole to 1.5) and like it. But i think its time to get a trident or atomic to try.
    Chana DNA30 - Magma - UD AGI - KFL

AVF Regular
    also, i keep getting random *Pop* sounds here and there, what does that mean?

AVF Regular
    have a look at a few you tube vids - you'll see how its done

re the pop sounds i posted a thread asking about that once and the general consensus was that the juice wasnt meeting the coil evenly on the inside of the coil - ie the cotton wasnt making even contact inside the coil - so the juice wasnt evenly sizzling - and the pockets of juice that were not vapourised by sizzling suddenly popped

if im wrong on this maybe someone else could chime in....
    Last edited by avtek; 07-05-14 at 09:02 PM.
    nukem likes this.

nukem go on YouTube and search for a guy called Rip Trippers
    Seriously, he is the master of coil builds! He will teach you everything you'll ever need to know He also has videos specific to the IGO-L drippers, hope this helps!

If you want to get lower Ohms you can always try a diffrent Kanthal, I'd suggest 30 AWG for your set-up.

I'm using 28 AWG in a Kayfun at the moment, from memory 7 wraps gave me 0.9Ohms (Won't work on a MVP tho :P )

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rindey View Post
    nukem go on YouTube and search for a guy called Rip Trippers
    Seriously, he is the master of coil builds! He will teach you everything you'll ever need to know He also has videos specific to the IGO-L drippers, hope this helps!

If you want to get lower Ohms you can always try a diffrent Kanthal, I'd suggest 30 AWG for your set-up.

I'm using 28 AWG in a Kayfun at the moment, from memory 7 wraps gave me 0.9Ohms (Won't work on a MVP tho :P )
    thanks! yep i am already a big rip trippers fan, although i haven't seen his IGO-L video, ill have to search for it tonight!

EDIT: from what i can see he only has builds on the IGO-W, IGO-W3, and IGO-W6

AVF Regular
    I just drilled out my IgoL and didn't realise that the airhole basically lines up with the top lip of the deck. So the bottom half of my airhole is getting blocked.

If you decide to drill it out, drill up.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    I just drilled out my IgoL and didn't realise that the airhole basically lines up with the top lip of the deck. So the bottom half of my airhole is getting blocked.

If you decide to drill it out, drill up.
    Thanks, will keep that in mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast