Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which 18650 battery from SS?!

Australia is as much as I can narrow it down!

Which 18650 battery from SS?!

Hey boys and girls,

So I'm about to order the CoolFire 1 with the 18650 tube from HC, (it's perfect for what I need ATM) but having only ever used my itaste v3 vv/vw and stick bats for work I'm lost when it comes to which battery ? Will any 18650 battery fit? And what would be best suited.

Panasonic NCR 18650 from SS on eBay seems to have been mentioned a lot, but which ones?! The ncr18650 A? (Teal sort of coloured ones) or ncr18650 B with or without nipples? Or the ones with tabs? (Lime green ones)

Sorry for what may seem a stupid question, and if it makes a difference i would be using a Protank 2 on standard heads
    :confusedface
    Last edited by Oecken; 08-05-14 at 06:22 PM.

AVF Regular
    the best person to ask is supersports himself - just ask him a question on the ebay sale page - mention yer a member of avf

AVF Regular
    Go with NCR18650B's, flat tops, they will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nasha View Post
    Just want to check these will fit in the extension tube as haven't got the funds to buy twice?! And also what charger is recommended? And SS's inbox is full.

Cheers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Oecken View Post
    Just want to check these will fit in the extension tube as haven't got the funds to buy twice?! And also what charger is recommended? And SS's inbox is full.

Cheers!
    Contact him through eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasha View Post
    These.
    I remember he gave them a big wrap on his site

I have the CGR18650CH, the NCR18650PD and the NCR1860B's--all are good after a year or so although I don't notice much difference between them in vaping time on a Vamo and a SVD

AVF Regular
    I bought the "Sony 18650 3.7V 2100mAh" pack of two from SS. No issues so far but the amp rating is what made me go with these.

Continuous maximum charge current: 4A
    Continuous maximum discharge current: 30A

Very good for $23.95 (free shipping) but they will come road freight only. That's not an issue of your live in NSWs.

2 X Sony US18650 VTC4 2100mAh 30 AMP High Current Rechargeable Lithium Batteries | eBay
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    I bought the "Sony 18650 3.7V 2100mAh" pack of two from SS. No issues so far but the amp rating is what made me go with these.

Continuous maximum charge current: 4A
    Continuous maximum discharge current: 30A

Very good for $23.95 (free shipping) but they will come road freight only. That's not an issue of your live in NSWs.

2 X Sony US18650 VTC4 2100mAh 30 AMP High Current Rechargeable Lithium Batteries | eBay
    And these will be fine I'm the CF1? I did email him but I'm I'm only at this address (in QLD on the Sunshine Coast) for another couple of weeks so need to stock up before I hit the road again!

It's just as it's my first tube type device I've no idea at all, protected or non protected nips/no nips etc etc, so they have to fit and work lol and because the CF1 has some sort of protection built in (I think) I didn't know if that dictated which ones as I'm sure I read some where vv/vw devices for example needed non protected for this reason and thought it might be the same for other things with protection ( or something like that)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Oecken View Post
    And these will be fine I'm the CF1? I did email him but I'm I'm only at this address (in QLD on the Sunshine Coast) for another couple of weeks so need to stock up before I hit the road again!

It's just as it's my first tube type device I've no idea at all, protected or non protected nips/no nips etc etc, so they have to fit and work lol and because the CF1 has some sort of protection built in (I think) I didn't know if that dictated which ones as I'm sure I read some where vv/vw devices for example needed non protected for this reason and thought it might be the same for other things with protection ( or something like that)
    These Sony's are non protected. The have flat + ends (No nipple). I've been using them in mechanical mods only like my Nemesis which has no fuses... 0 issues!

Your CoolFire 1 does have protection built in to the circuit so these should work fine but as I wrote I'm using them in purely mechanical devices with no safety stuff like fuses or hot springs.
    But you could also use "protected" batteries in your CoolFire 1. It would still work fine either way.

They will be coming from NSWs to Queensland by road so you should receive them well before you have to leave... From memory the order took 5 days total to Adelaide.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    These Sony's are non protected. The have flat + ends (No nipple). I've been using them in mechanical mods only like my Nemesis which has no fuses... 0 issues!

Your CoolFire 1 does have protection built in to the circuit so these should work fine but as I wrote I'm using them in purely mechanical devices with no safety stuff like fuses or hot springs.
    But you could also use "protected" batteries in your CoolFire 1. It would still work fine either way.

They will be coming from NSWs to Queensland by road so you should receive them well before you have to leave... From memory the order took 5 days total to Adelaide.
    Perfect! Much appreciated, il get ordering

*edit*. I didn't see these ones before stating there suggested for vaping specifically? http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/281246447458?nav=SEARCH
    Last edited by Oecken; 12-05-14 at 12:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast