Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kayfun question.

AVF Regular

Question Kayfun question.

Im vaping my Kayfun and it kicks butt. Great vapor, great flavour masive throat hit but im getting a severely dry toungue when i vape it. It only takes a minute of vaping and im in dry tongue country. My question is, is it my build or is this a character of the Kayfun?. Its the second build ive done on it and both builds had the same effect. My build is 1.3 ohms vaping on an mvp at 3.5volts. I used standard cotton wool from coles(not boiled) and ive tried a few different quality juices with all the same dry tongue effect. I was thinking it might be the cotton wool as its the coles brand stuff.Ive never tried the sterilized stuff from vapeking or anything. Anyone experienced this with the Kayfun?

AVF Regular
    steve i reckon its the cotton - sounds like yer taste buds are getting coated by something in the vapour

ive only ever used sterile cotton i got from the co-op (which i dont boil) so i havent used the coles stuff but i thought everyone boiled the non sterile stuff a couple of times first....

AVF Regular
    What PG/VG ratio you using?.

AVF Regular
    I dont use sterile cotton on my builds, i get a dry tongue quickly depending on the juice im using. Some juices do it, some dont. Can you be more specific on what juices you used?

AVF Regular
    yeah I get dry mouth as well using 70pg/30vg with the kayfun but I get it with all of my juice and on my other odyssey rcs tank. I just drink a lot of water. the 30pg/70vg I tried wasnt as severe for dryness.

AVF Regular
    I'm using 50/50. But it doesn't happen with the same juice on say my evod, aspire or pt3. Do you guys notice a difference using the sterile cotton?

Sent from my mobile.

AVF Regular
    I had to stop using mine because the volume of vape was too much. I cut nic and flavour in half and everything about the vapour was too much for my delicate mouth
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I use coles cotton myself in by KF/R91% builds - the difference is it is boiled first. It's a flavour thing, I found there was an icky background flavour in there if I didn't pre-boil it. I didn't vape unboiled long enough or often enough to find any dry tounge issues, but I could see that being a possibility. Usually they bleach the cotton with peroxide, and that does have a drying effect (to put it mildly) on anything it comes in to contact with.

To boil - fill pot with water, cover and bring to boil. Insert a big ass handful of cotton balls, replace cover. Boil (stirring occasionally) for 5 mins. Rinse and repeat. Drain in a sieve (preferable a mesh one, and preferably without bits of food stuck in the bottom of it ). Allow two days to dry (seriously, it takes a long ass time to fully dry). Some people do 3 boil cycles (which is better), but I found 2 to be sufficient.

Just for vaping in general, I've found that "more vapour = drier tongue". Drink more (to give you an idea, I go through 2L - 3L or water per day), and maybe try something a bit higher in VG (that might help, though I would have thought a 50/50 mix should be ok).
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    A couple of Aussie vendors are selling sterile cotton. It's worth giving it a go. I find kayfuns area warmish vape but variations occur according to how you coil (up high, across the air channel etc). As a starting point try using silica if you have it or a different (sterile) cotton.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    I use coles cotton myself in by KF/R91% builds - the difference is it is boiled first. It's a flavour thing, I found there was an icky background flavour in there if I didn't pre-boil it. I didn't vape unboiled long enough or often enough to find any dry tounge issues, but I could see that being a possibility. Usually they bleach the cotton with peroxide, and that does have a drying effect (to put it mildly) on anything it comes in to contact with.

To boil - fill pot with water, cover and bring to boil. Insert a big ass handful of cotton balls, replace cover. Boil (stirring occasionally) for 5 mins. Rinse and repeat. Drain in a sieve (preferable a mesh one, and preferably without bits of food stuck in the bottom of it ). Allow two days to dry (seriously, it takes a long ass time to fully dry). Some people do 3 boil cycles (which is better), but I found 2 to be sufficient.

Just for vaping in general, I've found that "more vapour = drier tongue". Drink more (to give you an idea, I go through 2L - 3L or water per day), and maybe try something a bit higher in VG (that might help, though I would have thought a 50/50 mix should be ok).
    Cheers mate I think it is the cotton wool, I'm new to the kayfun so wasn't quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    A couple of Aussie vendors are selling sterile cotton. It's worth giving it a go. I find kayfuns area warmish vape but variations occur according to how you coil (up high, across the air channel etc). As a starting point try using silica if you have it or a different (sterile) cotton.
    I already tried silica on my first build and it wasn't as good as the cotton wool. But I think I'll give the sterilized stuff a go, I'm pretty sure it's cotton wool related.

Sent from my mobile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast