Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jas
  • 1 Post By Oecken
  • 1 Post By Browny

Thread: "Airy" Clearos - Suggest your favourite

"Airy" Clearos - Suggest your favourite

I've been on the iClear 30s that comes with the VTR, and an AeroTank. The AT is pretty good from an ease of draw compared to the iClear, and being the primary category I'm judging clearos by, I by far favour the AeroTank.

I notice the Nautilis would be easy to modify to open up even more air intake (assuming the atomiser will take more than the big hole), but I really find it a big upfront expense and big ongoing costs to support it's use, and it's not going to fit my VTR either.

Huge clouds are nice, but being the kind of guy that constantly hits the safety long burn cuttoff on my mods, I don't think I'm in too much danger of having a clearo that does not produce enough vapour.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    The Aspire ET-S permorms very well it holds about 2.8-3ml pyrex tank and also covered by a protective sleeve with a viewing window. Great match with an MVP or even a vision spinner VV.

IMHO it out does the Aero tank and iclear 30S. It uses the normal aspire BDC coils which are cheape than the nautilus.
    sc_rufctr and HellionWisp like this.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

The iClear X.1 is way airier than the 30s : )

It's a great unit IMHO

Australia is as much as I can narrow it down!
    A PT 2 with an aerobase fitted wide open.
    Browny likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    The Aspire ET-S permorms very well it holds about 2.8-3ml pyrex tank and also covered by a protective sleeve with a viewing window. Great match with an MVP or even a vision spinner VV.

IMHO it out does the Aero tank and iclear 30S. It uses the normal aspire BDC coils which are cheape than the nautilus.
    I agree .. I struggling to get a good vape from my Naut .. I keep going back to ET-S tanks or Mini Novas .. But prefer the ET-S to the Mini Novas. ET-S is till my favourite tank so far.
    Still trying to figure out where I'm going wrong with the Naut ...

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

AVF Regular
    These days I'm alternating between the Protank 3 and Aerotank. I like a nice airy draw and I'm very happy with both (especially as I only need to stock up on one type of coilhead) and have no urge to splash out on a Nautilus. The iClear X.1 is tempting me to try it out though...

AVF Regular
    the only problem with all of them is coil quality one coil last forever the next three coils last from 2 days to a week thats why i build my own and i find the aspire coils to be the most random

I find I'm hitting the cut-off more often than not now also, at first it was hard to get used to but for some reason it's the opposite now, I also love a good open draw too.
    I can't weigh into this too much being only a few months in so take is as you will....

With my Ego's the Evod drilled out to 1.5mm was a decent draw and the ET-S also drilled out to 1.5mm is just enough (probably due to only 2 air holes compared to 3 on the Evod) and they perform just as well on the VTR they just look a little funny being so much skinnier.
    I got myself a PT2 and the adjustable airflow base and that is not only a good draw, it fits well in the VTR.... plus it holds 3ml. The Vivi Nova-S(3.5ml) fits the VTR, I'm looking into getting one soon so I can have a bit of a change.
    I'm more a fan of the kanger coils purely because I've had them last longer, in my limited experience of course, having said that my aspire coils have all made 2 weeks so far so I can't honestly complain.
    The VTR is pretty limiting but there are some tanks still able to fit them with the protective ring left on.

P.Busardo does a good bottom coil video with 7 tanks, complete with which fit the VTR A PBusardo Review & Contest Winner - The Battle Of The Bottoms & The Nautilus + The Stocking Winner - YouTube (6:42 mark if you want just the spec chart)

Short list for those not wanting to read my inane rambles....
    PT2 with air-flow control base
    ET-S with air ways drilled to 1.5mm
    *look into Vivi Nova-S
    Last edited by Browny; 12-05-14 at 08:13 PM.
    HellionWisp likes this.

I've got an EVOD2 , which I'd quite like to make a bit more airy. I need to find someone who's handy to have a crack at boring out the air holes for me .

I'll grab an ET-S at the next shop as well. Cheers.