Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Know of a good battery charger that does 18650 and 18350?

Know of a good battery charger that does 18650 and 18350?

Was wondering if people would tell me what they recommend for a dual purpose charger for these two sizes please.
    Was looking at a trustfire that covered both on HC but since batteries are expensive it might be worth spending more if people know of a better option that charges both these sizes preferably in 4bay charger let me know as I have zero experience. Would most likely be AW IMR with possibly a couple of protected batts for mechs, if these are necessary in a mech. Thanks.
    Last edited by SmokeyBear; 12-05-14 at 11:20 AM.

AVF Regular
    Currently I'm using Nitecore
    It is a very good charger with a reasonable price, it is also reccomended by PBusardo. Have been using it to charge my 18650 and 18350
    They also have the 2 channel one here but I thought for $5.00 more I can get the 4 channel one, so why not.
    SmokeyBear likes this.

Try the Xtar WP2! They are great value and excellent quality.

You can get these at Battery World.

Review of Charger Xtar WP2 II
    SmokeyBear likes this.

AVF Regular
    my nitecore intellicharger i4 has been going strong for almost a year now.
    sc_rufctr and SmokeyBear like this.

AVF Regular
    I bought this one from "supersports600". Soshine SC H2 Universal LCD Battery Charger LI ION Nimh LI FEPO4 AUS Standards | eBay

@ just under $50 delivered it's not cheap but it seems to work well and I like that it gives you a summary of how many Milli amps it took to fully charge the battery.
    I've had it about 5 weeks. Neither the charger nor the batteries gets very warm when charging. I power it through a USB port and cable on my docking station so I don't use the power supply that comes with it.

I've had ZERO issues with it but after I bought it I read online that it's not a "quality" charger. I guess I'll find out one way or the other but the "opinion" I read had no explanation as to why it's not a "quality" charger.

Something to be aware of... "This is just some friendly safety advise that I think makes sense."

If you ever get a hard short and your battery gets HOT, let it cool to room temperature before attempting to re charge it.

IME... The most common reason for Hard Shorts is a faulty Atty. Occasionally the insulation can fail causing the center (+) pin to make contact with the body of the Atty.
    You'll know this when it happens because your mod will heat up very quickly and very little if any Vapor will be produced when you hit the button.

This can happen with genuine Attys as well as Clones and is caused by excessive heat generated by sub "ohming" and/or tightening the contact pin in the mod too hard against the Atty center pin.
    SmokeyBear likes this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    I just ordered this one Nitecore i4 V2, will just get an AU lead when it gets here, i actually think i have one lying around from an old VCR player.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1292100

Says its genuine and the reviews seem good so im giving it a go. 6 months warranty also.

Im only new to mods and batteries so im not forking out to much when i may not even enjoy mods.
    Last edited by hoekone; 12-05-14 at 02:04 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hoekone View Post
    I just ordered this one Nitecore i4 V2, will just get an AU lead when it gets here, i actually think i have one lying around from an old VCR player.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1292100

Says its genuine and the reviews seem good so im giving it a go. 6 months warranty also.

Im only new to mods and batteries so im not forking out to much when i may not even enjoy mods.
    That looks decent and at $20 I might get one as a back up.
    SmokeyBear likes this.
    Peter

AVF Regular
    Soshine SC H2 Universal LCD Battery Charger LI ION Nimh LI FEPO4 AUS Standards | eBay I use this and I love it, hands down nicest charger I have ever owned. It even tells me nice things like my battery voltage and how long I've had it on charge
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    Soshine SC H2 Universal LCD Battery Charger LI ION Nimh LI FEPO4 AUS Standards | eBay I use this and I love it, hands down nicest charger I have ever owned. It even tells me nice things like my battery voltage and how long I've had it on charge
    See my post above... How long have you had yours?
    SmokeyBear likes this.
    Peter

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    See my post above... How long have you had yours?
    Like you, I've had 0 issues with it. I've had it since mid Feb, it's pretty stellar imo.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast