Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Some advice - Kayfun RBA or Genny style RBA

Some advice - Kayfun RBA or Genny style RBA

Oak I am a noob to this and need some advice.

I want to get my first RBA Tank and am looking at the Kayfun Lite Plus.

But I am also considering a Genny Style such as an Ithaka or Prometheus Clone.

What is the difference between the 2 styles? What would be better for an RBA noob like me?

What gives better flavour and TH.

Do you have to hold a Genny style upside down so as to not get a throat hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikhme View Post
    Oak I am a noob to this and need some advice.

I want to get my first RBA Tank and am looking at the Kayfun Lite Plus.

But I am also considering a Genny Style such as an Ithaka or Prometheus Clone.

What is the difference between the 2 styles? What would be better for an RBA noob like me?

What gives better flavour and TH.

Do you have to hold a Genny style upside down so as to not get a throat hit?
    An ithaka (or magoo) or most GG are not genisis style atomizers. They are mainly designed for silica and have nr-r-nr coils. They are a third category, not in the genisis or kayfun/taifun category.
    So to differentiate . 1) genisis, 2)kayfun or taifun, 3)GG/ithaka/clones like magoo

Easiest for beginners are kayfun/taifun atomizers IMO. Taifun is much larger, but has many advantages over a Kayfun, mainly ease of filling and coil set up/wick changing.

Genisis atomizers are decent, probably less vapor imo, but different, and to some preferable flavour and longer wick life, so to some it's worth the trade offs.

I'd start out with a kayfun or taifun, and if you wanted a second atty for home use and had the spare time, maybe get a good genisis atty to compare and appreciate the differences.
    Last edited by coopz; 14-05-14 at 03:57 AM.
    Aikhme and Browny like this.

So what exactly are the Ithaka Style Tanks. They are rebuildables yes?

What is the difference between Ithaka Magoo and Kayfun for instance? Would Kayfun be better for newbies over the Ithaka category?

Are the Ithaka style better for flavour and TH.

GG/Ithaka/magoo are rebuildable atomizers, just a different type again. You need to either make your own wires or buy custom premade wires for ithaka/GG/magoo atomizers. They are predominately made for silica wicks (can use cotton, but man, what a PITA to change wick media if you did, better off using silica and leaving it there for months). they don't use plain resistance wire (ie kanthal you buy on a roll), they use regular normal wire, then joined to kanthal, then joined to regular normal wire, No resistance-resistance-no resistance, AKA nr-r-nr wire, home made or prebought in ~15cm strand lengths.

Best newbie choice is Kayfun or Taifun.
    Second best choice is genisis style if you are after flavour and reward for effort.
    Last edited by coopz; 14-05-14 at 04:30 AM.
    Quom, Aikhme, avtek and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    What coopz said...........X2
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Or just to confuse you even more have a look at the fogger V4 it's dubbed the kayfun killer. I'm waiting for mine but I've got a few mates in the states and the recommended it to me over the kayfun or taifun.

Tapin like crazy..
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

AVF Regular
    i was under the impression that the Ithaka (with update) removed the need for the no-res wire thus simplifying it all considerably. i say this as i am considering buying one.

I could be wrong, and certainly this only relates to the original (cant speak for clones). THE GOLDEN GREEK MODS :: The GG Devices :: Ithaka With New Update Inside - Esmokeguru

like everything GG its bloody out of stock could be waiting a while.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter03 View Post
    Or just to confuse you even more have a look at the fogger V4 it's dubbed the kayfun killer. I'm waiting for mine but I've got a few mates in the states and the recommended it to me over the kayfun or taifun.

Tapin like crazy..
    Fogger's look good too.

AVF Regular
    Personally go the Kay fun easier to rebuild and you can do either cotton or silica. I found the magoo or ithaka very hard to rebuild until after numerous attempts both excellent tanks but the Kay fun won't do your head in
    Aikhme and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    My 1st RBA is an RSST gennie, real simple & has an insulated wick hole & plastic at the bottom of the tank - so you can't get shorts to the wick hole or tank with a mesh wick.
    Took me a few tries to get a good wick & coil setup that I was happy with, but once sorted it's vaping like a champ - heaps of flavour, heaps of vapour.
    When the coil/wick starts to get clogged up with muck I just flush it with water, dry burn it, flush again & blow dry with compressed air, comes out like new - I can see a wick & coil lasting at least a month.

I got the RSST as it has a reputation as one of the easiest RBA's to get up & running & produces good results.
    Browny likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast