Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lheamfrg
  • 2 Post By sc_rufctr

Thread: E-baron dripper

AVF Regular

E-baron dripper

Hey all. Im hoping someone can help me out.

I have an e-dripper that I haven't used for a while. For some reason when I use it, it keeps giving me the flashing light on my battery that means it has shorted out. Can anyone tell me why? I use the premade coils.

Thanks everyone.

AVF Regular
    Check the centre pin, it could be out of whack or the earth wire isn't trapped up top. if the ceramic is too tight when you push it on it can unseat the centre pin. I bought some pre-mades a while back that were a touch too tight and had this problem
    Emmeline likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Check the centre pin, it could be out of whack or the earth wire isn't trapped up top. if the ceramic is too tight when you push it on it can unseat the centre pin. I bought some pre-mades a while back that were a touch too tight and had this problem
    Thank you for the reply. I checked the center post and it looks centered. I used the same coil in my other dripper and it worked ok. This is frustrating, these things are expensive!

AVF Regular
    Same thing happened to mine. As it turns out the center insulating tube (blue) failed causing a hard short. (Heat and pressure caused this)
    My battery got very warm very quickly but it did not deform or leak and once it cooled down it charged as normal.

To fix it I had to order a pack of 5 blue tubes direct from the "By Leo" Greek site... Because the AU web page I bought my Dripper from didn't have any in stock and made it quite clear via email they wouldn't be ordering any either.
    And of course I couldn't restrain myself so I also ordered a Sofia, tank and some other bits and pieces.
    Last edited by sc_rufctr; 14-05-14 at 10:18 PM.
    lheamfrg and Emmeline like this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    Same thing happened to mine. As it turns out the center insulating tube (blue) failed causing a hard short. (Heat and pressure caused this)
    My battery got very warm very quickly but it did not deform or leak and once it cooled down it charged as normal.

To fix it I had to order a pack of 5 blue tubes direct from the "By Leo" Greek site... Because the AU web page I bought my Dripper from didn't have any in stock and made it quite clear via email they wouldn't be ordering any either.
    And of course I couldn't retrain myself so I also ordered a Sofia, tank and some other bits and pieces.
    Thanks for the info

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
    Thanks for the info
    Your welcome but what next?

You could try emailing the people you bought it from... (Assuming it was the same company as me) If enough people do they might just get the insulators in stock.
    But honestly after the way they treated me I'm really reluctant to support them.

Having said all of that it really is an excellent dripper. I use my premo juices in at at home and just love the flavor.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014