Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Origen Dripper (clone)

AVF Regular

Origen Dripper (clone)

I finally get what all the RBA fuss is about. The flavour from my first build surpasses any clearo I've tried before. The draw is perfect and I actually got my first ever head spin (12mg nic). Unfknblevable.

First build:

I was limited by only having 32G Kanthal and the minimum resistance I can run but this came out at 1.6 Ohms and while it takes a bit to heat up on this battery it works well.

I have found the pipe drip tip mutes the flavour quite a bit. The supplied drip tip is vastly better but looks odd:

I have a brass and stainless Caravela on the way that should fit nicely with this.

One more thing. Think twice before buying from Indonesia No. 1 ECIG Store I had no end of troubles getting a replacement for the first faulty clone they sent me.

It looks like you have a lot of cotton in the wells. Try using a build with shorter tails and have you tried microcoils yet?

AVF Regular
    No this was my first build, I'm still learning. I figured cotton in the wells would stop it leaking if tipped. Not the done thing?

Wow. That's very very nice for your first build.
    I see your logic there. I just think that the more cotton that's in there, the more unused juice there will be and the less it can actually hold. Horizontal coils on the Origen are also very good. It also helped a bit with leakage.
    Fawks likes this.

Here's what I did. Juice doesn't really slosh around so much.
    Fawks and Sponky like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice! Thanks for the tip. What gauge wire are you using there? Can you remember the final resistance? I'm a bit limited with how low I can go until my mech gets here.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponky View Post
    I finally get what all the RBA fuss is about. The flavour from my first build surpasses any clearo I've tried before. The draw is perfect and I actually got my first ever head spin (12mg nic). Unfknblevable.

First build:

I was limited by only having 32G Kanthal and the minimum resistance I can run but this came out at 1.6 Ohms and while it takes a bit to heat up on this battery it works well.

I have found the pipe drip tip mutes the flavour quite a bit. The supplied drip tip is vastly better but looks odd:

I have a brass and stainless Caravela on the way that should fit nicely with this.

One more thing. Think twice before buying from Indonesia No. 1 ECIG Store I had no end of troubles getting a replacement for the first faulty clone they sent me.
    Very good job on your first coil. What kind of pipe is that and where did you purchase it.

AVF Regular
    Thanks. It's the natural wood vv/vw version from here: Gr-epipes not cheap but excellent quality.

AVF Regular
    Checked it out, it's not cheap. Love it though

Quote Originally Posted by Sponky View Post
    Nice! Thanks for the tip. What gauge wire are you using there? Can you remember the final resistance? I'm a bit limited with how low I can go until my mech gets here.
    This build is using twisted 28g at 0.41ohms. I tend to mostly use 26g though. Yeah definitely wait for the mech to try it out and at that point, you may find out that you don't even enjoy lower ohms - different strokes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast