Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tarsius Customs Kayfun Quartz Kit - LEAKAGE!!!

AVF Regular

Tarsius Customs Kayfun Quartz Kit - LEAKAGE!!!

I've tried as many as 7 times, wasted 10ml of juice and I am absolutely stumped.

PM'd TVS where I thought I would ask unik for a resolution. He doesn't know but has PM'd Tarsius.

No fault on TVS since they only sell the item, but for $65, right now this is a piece of expensive junk...

UKVapers have a thread here with some owners expressing some frustration: Kayfun Quartz Kit's by Tarsius Customs

Point form; here is my dilemma.

- Used both nano and standard quartz kits (short chimney for the nano set up). Accompanied by a genuine KFL+.
    - The inner tank rings have an instep metal surround (for o ring), which seems to block the bottom fill hole, causing the juice to flow out, NOT IN! Design flaw??
    - After 3 agonising minutes of slowly squeezing juice in (with 18g needle) and tank is still barely full, you betcha the juice leaks right through the top cap/drip tip, bypassing the o-ring!
    I presume the pressure inside is causing this, but I ain't blasting the juice in the tank!
    - Tried top filling. Juice leaks out of the air hole. Another fail.
    - Replaced top cap o-ring, seated perfectly.

As quoted by a someone on UKV - "Tarsius have confirmed that there may be a slight variance in the glass by the manufacturers, this slight variance in height is causing the issue, doesn't affect everyone".
    I don't have issues with the fragility of the tank, just getting a bloody tank full of juice so I can vape the damn thing :/

I think I am close to done on this kit unless TVS can sort me out with a replacement or a store credit for something else. I wouldn't dare put this on the classes because I can guarantee that you will experience the same frustration as myself.

Rant over... If there is anyone on AVF with this kit that has issues or non to speak of, please enlighten me

Micdeez

I use one and have to fill from the top.
    When you unscrew the top cap make sure you put your finger over the air hole and leave it there until you have partially screwed the top cap back on after filling.
    You will also have to clear the air hole by blowing through the drip tip make sure you have some paper towel handy.

AVF Regular
    I don't have one of these kits but I have possible idea's for a fix.

Line up where the instep is with the fill hole and file it back a little bit to allow filling from the bottom.
    Try using the normal sized chimney if it's too long maybe sacrifice a clone chimney and cut it down too fit.

As I said I don't have one of these kits so don't know if that will help.
    I have the FT nano kit and find they just don't hold enough juice so I use my normal sized chimney and half of the nano tube to compromise.
    bugzme likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Try a smaller guage needle

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am using one daily. Just fill from the top. Easiest way. Cover airhole as you screw top cap back on. Blow through airhole to clear. Happy days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I had a ton of trouble with needles when I had the Quartz Kit. After a while, I figured out that some of the nipples on my bottles were perfect for it, and I could fill it up by just pressing the nipple onto the base of the KFL+. I had maybe only one or two drops of leakage using that method.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys, I will try what's been suggested.. I really want to like this kit.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    I use one and have to fill from the top.
    When you unscrew the top cap make sure you put your finger over the air hole and leave it there until you have partially screwed the top cap back on after filling.
    You will also have to clear the air hole by blowing through the drip tip make sure you have some paper towel handy.

This works , thats how i used mine but never had juice come out airhole

AVF Regular
    I have the custom kayfun top caps coming in from them, hope they don't suffer issues too.

Hey Micdeez how did you go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast