Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sammy J
  • 1 Post By Minnaz
  • 1 Post By Minnaz

Thread: Kanger ProTank coils problems, getting duds all the time.

Kanger ProTank coils problems, getting duds all the time.

I have 2.5ohm coils for my Kanger Protank. The last shipment I got 6 packs, 3 for myself, 3 for my dad. So far each coil has lasted 2 days, they just stop firing. I have cleaned them out, made sure my mod, a Sigelei Zmax V3 connection points are clean, still no luck.

If I put in a brand new coil it works again, of course the coil only then lasts 2 days max.

I'm thinking of trying to rebuild them. From what I have researched, I need Kanthal and Silica wick. I am not sure which Gauge of Kanthal I need and which mm of Silica wick. If anyone who rebuilds Kanger Protank coils could help me that be awesome. I live in Sydney and have looked on vapeking, just not sure where to start.

AVF Regular
    Where did you get them from? I've only every had 1 die on me in 9 months and that was while I was dry burning it.

Btw check out this thread:

Rebuild Pictorial (Kanger Coil)
    Jaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy J View Post
    Where did you get them from? I've only every had 1 die on me in 9 months and that was while I was dry burning it.

Btw check out this thread:

Rebuild Pictorial (Kanger Coil)
    I got the coils from Healthcabin. I order from them all the time and think they have great service but I'm getting frustrated with the bad quality coils.

The Rebuild Pictorial (Kanger Coil) looks like a good thread to learn from thanks. Also can I test the coil just using my battery, is this safe or should I invest in a Resistance Ohm Tester like this one Resistance Ohm & Voltage Tester

AVF Regular
    Please invest in an ohm meter before you start messing around with coils. Tgat one looks good I payed the same price for mine from FT

Sent via Vape Signal
    Jaded likes this.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

Quote Originally Posted by Minnaz View Post
    Please invest in an ohm meter before you start messing around with coils. Tgat one looks good I payed the same price for mine from FT

Sent via Vape Signal
    Thanks, will buy the Resistance Ohm Tester then. I'm going to first educate myself on how rebuildables work as I know nothing about it, if you know of any good guides on the basics please let me know.

AVF Regular
    Get your ohm meter first then start by rebuilding your kanger coils, they are the easiest way to get into rebuilding. Have a look at that pictorial linked and if you need anymore help just don't hesitate to ask there's lots of us here to help

Sent via Vape Signal
    Jaded likes this.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    Building your own coils isn't as hard as it looks you can build a micro coil and use boiled organic cotton and it will be heaps better than the stock coils IMO the above pictorial is great to go by also try watching this Mini Protank Micro Coil Rebuild - YouTube