Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Magma RDA Builds

AVF Regular

Magma RDA Builds

Ok, So to help out magma owners i will share my findings on this RDA with my build styles. All my builds are contact coils and cotton by the way.

I found on a 1.5mm diameter micro coil (24 Gauge at 54 ohm), you will get horrid dry hits! this can be fixed with a small cloud of cotton over the op of the coil with the legs of that cloud touching the main wick or going into the tank.

However, i have been vaping on a 2.5mm diameter coil with 24 gauge kanthal and its great! On a single coil (.6ohm) found i still need the cloud. On a dual coil, no cloud needed! (.43 ohm) Unless you are a heavy hitter and take long inhales over 3 seconds.

Because the juice well is a little distance from the coil, heavy hitters will need to cloud or use thicker coils to hold more juice.

Overall so far, i am very impressed with the performance on a 2.5mm 24 gauge contact coil! Will try a 3mm coil soon, but these coils are working that well i really don't want to take them out.

Another trick i have been using in the build with cotton is to leave the wick a bit longer so i can loop it. So i will push the wick down in the well then lead the end of it back up so it touched the end of the coil to aid with feeding. It's all about feeding the coil with this thing (especially if you sub ohm). Hope this helps any new magma owners

MMM
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 02-06-14 at 03:10 PM.
    Rynxa, akef38 and sj_funk78 like this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

OK what is a small Cloud??

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

AVF Regular
    Sorry all my builds are wirh cotton. Didnt mention that befor.
    Small cloud as in a small piece of cotton
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 02-06-14 at 07:06 AM.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Great write up Michael-Mikey-Mike . neede some newbie help with the magma. still waiting for mine from Slowtech lol.Should have it next week hopefully.

AVF Regular
    How much power are you putting through your coils Mike? Mine runs fine on the biggest airhole with at 1.5mm coil @ about 12-13w

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameisbunny View Post
    How much power are you putting through your coils Mike? Mine runs fine on the biggest airhole with at 1.5mm coil @ about 12-13w
    I keep forgetting to add stuff to the first write up hahaha, will amend it now. I am pushing between 30 and 40 watts (.6 to .4 ohm)

AVF Regular
    That might explain the burning. I can't get anything to wick that quickly at that power.

AVF Regular
    yeah after i added the small cotton cloud on top of the coil, no problems. Will try a 3mm macro coil next. I think the added .05 mm in diameter will be enough for it to wick and stay moist.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Mikey-Mike View Post
    yeah after i added the small cotton cloud on top of the coil, no problems. Will try a 3mm macro coil next. I think the added .05 mm in diameter will be enough for it to wick and stay moist.
    I found this with the Rose actually.

Most atties when I use cotton I'm using a 1.58mm or 2mm coil and it ends up going south within a tank or so. With the Rose I've done a 1/8" coil with doubled over eco-wick and I've now been using it since Friday night without having to change anything. Properly impressed.

The main problem that I'm having is as I've used 24ga to make the coil it takes longer than other coils to heat up at the same power setting - guessing it's due to the larger area and heatsink effect the thicker wire has.

I've been using a single 22Ga setup @ 3mm (.35ohms) its been performing really well, I'm not into the warm vape too much so I find that having both holes open suites my vape style the best

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast