Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Russian 91%

AVF Regular

Russian 91%

so this is my first rebuildable tank. ive dabbled with drippers but i wanted something that could be a daily driver so im not constantly filling all the time.

Just got my black 91% today from vapingmad, just had a few questions before i get crackin on it.

Should i give it a good clean first? do high end attys usually still have machine oil on them?

Would a micro coil with 28g + cotton be a sufficient build? i watched the rip trippers video, although i think mine looks slightly different? is there V1 and V2's of these things?

Do i need to use a thinner liquid for the wick to saturate? i usually like a really high VG juice. atm i have some vapeoholic 35pg/65vg and the same from nicoticket on the way.

any other advise or tips would be greatly appreciated

AVF Regular
    Yes to all of that
    Give it a really really good clean
    Cotton & 28 micro coil is perfect, I go 6-7 wraps on a 2mm bit for about 1.1-1.2ohm on a mech mod no kick and it's all good but maybe start with 8 -9 wraps 1.3-1.4ohms until your confident you can get it wicking nice and fast.
    50/50 works well in the kafuns and Russian, can get a bit leaky out the airflow when the juice gets low though

AVF Regular
    cool, thanks!

AVF Regular
    if i get my wick right, my higher vg juices are fine. i usually have about a 30/70 mix which isn't a problem in the russian or the kfl+ clones (if i get the wick right). using microcoil (around 1.8ohm) and cotton.
    Last edited by kay67kay; 03-06-14 at 01:23 AM.
    Master Sergeant likes this.

AVF Regular
    so i scrubbed and scrubbed with warm water/dishwashing liquid and a toothbrush for ages rinsed and dried with paper towel about 5 times.. can still taste some machining oil but its not too bad. will give it another clean again tomrrow.

my ohm meter decided to get retarded tonight lol but i built a micro coil id say around 1.5ish with 28g and cotton. seems decent so far not as much vapor production as i thoughtt but taste is pretty good..

i have a feeling using thicker kanthal maybe 26 with a mech might perform better than 28g with a regulated device, is anybody using theirs like that?

it does look sexy on my black panzer clone tho

AVF Regular
    i give all my rba bits a soak in isopropyl alcohol (diggers from the hardware store), then wash with hot soapy water and rinse well when i first get them. never had any machine oil taste.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    i give all my rba bits a soak in isopropyl alcohol (diggers from the hardware store), then wash with hot soapy water and rinse well when i first get them. never had any machine oil taste.
    Oh nice, I wasnt sure if that would damage the finish on the black surface, I have plenty of isoprpyl around for computer stuff