Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: G-Plat Wire

G-Plat Wire

So, there is some rumblings going on around that traps that this g-plat wire stuff is not safe to be vaping with...

The company who make it refuse to release a MSDS revealing what metal elements the wire contains, most probably because it is a product that pre-existed, they have branded it and selling it at a ridiculous markup and don't want us to know what it really is so we can buy it elsewhere much cheaper.

Basically the gist is, some people have allergies to manganese - apparently this product tests positive for that element so people with this allergy should avoid it.

Just thought I would give people the heads up, personally I probably won't be buying it now - comes across a bit shady to me that they won't release the MSDS on the product, I was pretty excited to try this stuff out. Its probably fine but still... Just do some research and make your own decision is all!
    Nasha likes this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Yeah screw that. It should be illegal to not have a MSDS available. I'ma pass too as I was going to order some and have it sent to my old girl in Alaska. Might be worth trying out royal or hotwires.
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

AVF Regular
    Just saw this on FB. I didn't want to invest in G-plat until knowing more.

Glad I didn't jump the gun. It may be fine but better safe than sorry.
    Toddosh likes this.

AVF Regular
    Would be funny if it was just nichrome :P :P :P
    (I'm still interested in trying it!)
    ---Juice Junkie​---

AVF Regular
    hmmm dodgy, but after 30 odd years of pumping god knows what into my lungs - a little iddy bit of wire wont kill me.......

......will it ?
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Juice junkies, Cloud Chasers Inc., Mod Evny and where else was this posted? Really not the best places to gather facts from. Regardless I cancelled my order last night. I think in the future everyone should wait for a formal statement from the manufacturer or supplier before spreading rumours if they are that.
    inertiacreeping and vengaman like this.

It probably won't harm you at least in the amount we use it, manganese is also a by-product from welding gas to put it in perspective, many of the old school boiler-makers seemed to end up with pretty nasty coughs and shit.

However I am more basing it on the fact they are been so secretive about the MSDS situation - I thought it was illegal in at least Australia and the USA not to produce a MSDS when requested. If they were open and honest I would have no issue and be in a better position to make a proper judgement. Speculation is the actual product is made by Sandvik as a electrical heating wire, it is basically kanthal with a few more minerals added to make it go softer but without knowing what the extra minerals are I am going to pass for now
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    I've been talking with soth and was going to send him a pack of the gplat to compare it against annealed kanthal. Pretty sure that's what it is. Maybe Kanthal D.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vape Shop View Post
    Juice junkies, Cloud Chasers Inc., Mod Evny and where else was this posted? Really not the best places to gather facts from. Regardless I cancelled my order last night. I think in the future everyone should wait for a formal statement from the manufacturer or supplier before spreading rumours if they are that.
    On that - there is a transcript of a chat floating around that someone had directly with g-plat. In the chat after a fair bit of discussion they did admit the wire contains manganese however still refused to release the MSDS showing full chemical compounds. There are threads on it on basically all vaping forums now too... I agree some of the sites are a bit dubious with their news however seeing the transcript of the chat with g-plat confirmed for me there is something shady going on.

Apparently from some testing, it is one of these products all are kanthal based with additional ingredients to change the properties to make it suitable for certain applications: Resistance heating wire and resistance wire

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast