Thread: focalecig woes

AVF Regular

focalecig woes

I had originally posted about this matter on another thread:

Vision Spinner II & Charging Issues

After 6 weeks of waiting for my 2 orders through focalecig to move along, 1 has been sent by sea and the other still sits on their shores.

I opened a paypal dispute and they re-imbursed the order still sitting on their shores and refused to re-imburse on the order that has been sent by sea.
    On their website under the product it still says (as it always has) 'free shipping to the worldwide: Australia: 5-12 working days'.

Entering its 7th week... it has far exceeded the ETA.

I've read with interest a few other forum settings that have posted about this problem, other members who have ordered batteries from O/S and found their orders have been put on the slow boat. It appears ETA is anything from 2 weeks to 6 months. This has affected a wide range of people from toys/hobbies to electronic cigarettes and none of us are too happy.

Customers from Fastech are given a refund if they lodge an appeal.

focalecig are not.

Despite my efforts to find out an ETA on my order, Focalecig provided a dud email address (through paypal):

You will not get response from this email address (payment@focalecig.com).

And when I used their 'Sales' email I received an automated response that provided the link to the postage service that has the package. The postage service does not provide customer support...... rofl.. so.. here I am.. into the 7th week and no idea on ETA and no means to finding out.

I guess this posting is just a warning for anyone wishing to use their service and buy goods from their stores.

I continue to dispute through paypal resolution centre but I think I will have to escalate the claim in order to be given a refund.

AVF Regular
    Recent announcement from Malaysia Post than may interest some here...

We have been updated by the Management of Pos Malaysia that the handling of DG cargo via sea-freight cannot go on indefinitely in the manner as it is done currently. Currently, the mail item containing external batteries not in equipment and those containing lithium batteries are classified as DG cargo which cannot travel via airfreight. Rightfully, to move DG cargo via the airfreight or sea-freight must be done in compliance with the DG packaging requirements as well. Pos Malaysia have been organizing sea-freight of such items in the past weeks with the hope that this matter will not raise a concern in the industry.

However, forwarders and shipping agents handling such cargo has informed Pos Malaysia that with effect from 14 Jul 2014, they will not be able to accept items without the necessary DG packaging of individual items via sea-freight. The cost of processing such goods according to compliance standards is too expensive for Pos Malaysia to offer it to us as a viable option to its customers. Pos Malaysia has therefore requested us to send an urgent and immediate request to all our customers as below:

Effective this Friday, the last shipment will be arrange on Saturday, please advise your customers to stop sending items with external batteries lithium or otherwise including power banks and external handphone batteries, external laptop batteries and other DG cargo. Only items with batteries inside the equipment will be acceptable e.g. tablets, handphone with batteries installed inside and no additional battery enclosed externally, toys with internal batteries, watches or any other electronic gadgets with batteries in the equipment will be acceptable. Pos Malaysia will be enforcing this requirement strictly effective from the 14 Jul 2014. There will be no more seafreight service after 14 Jul 2014.