Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By remi1au
  • 1 Post By coopz
  • 1 Post By Littleraf

Thread: AW 18350s .. How long should they last?

AVF Regular

AW 18350s .. How long should they last?

Hi all .. I took delivery of some 700mah AW IMR 18350s from SS600 today and have been using them in my SVD after a full charge in the soshine H2 charger. Problem is, I'm only getting about 30 mins of moderate vaping before the light goes from green to orange at about 9.5 watts on the SVD. When I put the battery back in the charger it reads at about 65% capacity and only takes about 20 mins to charge back up to 100%. Is this about right ? Or is something wrong ?
    Cheers

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

JWH
    AVF Regular
    That doesn't sound right dude, I'd think you'd get at least 3-4 hrs out of them
    But that's what I'd expect, but I do have high expectations lol

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    That doesn't sound right dude, I'd think you'd get at least 3-4 hrs out of them
    That's what I thought .. An old 18650 I've got that came with the SVD lasts all night and some .. I would have expected the 18350s to last at least half that ?
    JWH likes this.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

They won't last half that, a 18350 is 700mAh, even older 18650s are 1600mAh, with most being around 2000mAh these days (and the panasonic NCR18650Bs I use for electronic VW/VV being 3400mAh)

But anyway, the fact that the orange light comes on doesn't mean you necessarily need to recharge, normally means they have dropped to about 3.9V I think? (edit: comes on at 3.8v according to the manual)
    You can keep using it until the light turns red, but you will only get ~3 hours total of light/moderate vaping out of them on a electronic mod.
    Also you can double check the battery volts as well, the SVD has a mode for battery voltage more accurate that the green/amber/red lights (hold the + button down for 3 sec), and I'd keep using until the battery drops down to 3.5V
    Last edited by coopz; 27-06-14 at 01:32 AM.
    remi1au likes this.

AVF Regular
    What does the voltage reading on the svd say before you take it out?

I've got the efest 800's in my svd it takes about 2 hours of moderate vaping before it goes orange but lasts at least another 2 before it goes red. And thats running between 6.5 to 8 watts.

If your taking it out as soon as it turns orange then 65% is about right cos it turns orange at 3.7v.
    remi1au likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys that makes sense now .. I've just put another fully charged one in .. I'll check the voltage when it goes orange, then keep going until it goes red and see how long I get .. You right coopz, there is a lot less than half the difference between 700mah and 2250mah on the old efest .. Doh