Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Ok so I'm moving on from the ego with a clearomizer to a tank, basically I need someone to tell me what to buy, I don't use nicotine and want something with a decent throat hit. What are people's thoughts on what I should get.

AVF Regular
    I'm currently in love with my Kanger Aerotank Mega ... So I'll suggest that paired up with an Innokin MVP v2 ..

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

AVF Regular
    Are y.ou an ex smoker?
    I only ask cause if I'd got to zero nic I'd be starting to get rid of my gear.
    no offence intended here.
    If you are an ex smoker and maintain on Zero then a decent VV/VW battery (MVP is tried and tested) and a decent tank (like the aero suggested above) might do you.
    If you're cloud chasing the you'll need to go mech mod and RBA. but you need experience and knowledge before you go there.
    Kinda hesitant to recommend stuff to folks I don't know
    maggie and remi1au like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

It's purely just for enjoyment and not addiction, I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and don't really even crave nicotine it's just the action and enjoyment of it, what is a mech mod? I've heard them spoken about a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd111 View Post
    It's purely just for enjoyment and not addiction, I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and don't really even crave nicotine it's just the action and enjoyment of it, what is a mech mod? I've heard them spoken about a lot

Yeah, here is the problem.
    Honestly by the time you want to upgrade it will be after a fair bit of research and time, so you won't really need to ask such an open question and will know the basics... No point asking now and getting answers you don't understand, ie "what is a mech mod".
    No offence, but makes it hard to recommend as we don't know what your comfort level is.

You can't go wrong with a smaller box mod like a innokin MVP already mentioned, and any of the fancier new clearomizers like kanger aero, aspire nautilus, or go nuts with a DNA30 box mod if you like.
    But asking here to recommend a tank is going to get a lot of other suggestions like rebuildables, mechs etc, which may confuse. if you don't know the terms, you need to read, look up reviews and research, on your own time not ours, so you can find what is comfortable to you.
    maggie and soulvaper like this.

AVF Regular
    Mech mod is basically a tube to put batteries in with a fire button to turn on the power .. Your atty connects to it and you vape away.
    Unfortunately it's totally unregulated so you need to have a sound understanding of the resistance of your coil and the limits of your batteries .. Not recommended for beginners as you could end up with venting/exploding/burning batteries and a very hot/ruined mod.
    I might add that I don't own one .. This just what I've read here.
    The MVP suggested above is regulated so these problems won't occur.
    Last edited by remi1au; 29-06-14 at 03:16 AM.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

Cheers remi1au just bought the innokin MVP and aero tank mega I'll give that a crack thanks
    maggie and remi1au like this.

AVF Regular
    Sh!t .. I hope you like now that you've taken my suggestion .. Just one thing to watch, there are still some dodgy replacement coils kicking around .. Their QA is not that good .. If you get lots of flooding and gurgling, bin the coil and try another. When you get a good one you'll know it )

Quote Originally Posted by remi1au View Post
    Sh!t .. I hope you like now that you've taken my suggestion .. Just one thing to watch, there are still some dodgy replacement coils kicking around .. Their QA is not that good .. If you get lots of flooding and gurgling, bin the coil and try another. When you get a good one you'll know it )
    Yeah, that's the problem, so many QA problems with new BDC clearos. So much so the faster anyone moves on to rebuildables, the better IMO.

Actually you know what, so many bad coils from kanger and aspire have been reported, but innokin have been making dual coils for a long time. I've never had a dud from them, has anyone else?

I know innokin was mainly top dual coils (but dual coils all the same), and when innokin switched to bottom dual coils, the consensus was they aren't as good as aspire BDC (when aspire aren't duds lol). But anyone ever had a dud innokin BDC?
    Main problem with innokin were always a tight draw, and there's AFC on aspire and aero, and those brands were always a looser draw before the AFC models anyway.

Does innokin have anything with AFC in the pipeline?
    Hopefully the OP bought a MVP that comes with a iclear30b to at least try though.
    Last edited by coopz; 29-06-14 at 07:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast