Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Help,I've suffered a slight catastrophe

AVF Regular

Help,I've suffered a slight catastrophe

I'm so upset at the moment and I'm hoping someone might have some helpful advice that may help. I've left my rba on my evic for a few days and when I went to fire it up this morning it would fire up then turn off,it has proceeded to do this several times and this is not normal for my evic, so I took the rba off and unscrewed the top of the evic to find that the rba has leaked all down into the electronics of the evic,is there any way I can clean out the evic without cutting the 2 wires on the top of the mod,it will be impossible to clean it with the wires intact but I really did not want to cut them or is the,dare I say it is the evic cactus. I'm hoping and preying its not but....... Anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Hidden1 likes this.

Well if its impossible to clean with the wires intact......yeah. you pretty much answered your own question mate. Break out that soldering iron. Do some practice solders then get down to cleaning that bad boy up. If its possible.

The way I look at it everything that is put together can be taken apart. How much damage you do in the pulling apart process is entirely up to you.

AVF Regular
    Hi you can buy aerosol circuit board cleaner just give it a good spray out and let it dry and should be ok. Jaycar sell it but not sure they are in Tassie also you can use isopropyl alcohol put some in a spray bottle and give it a good spray good luck
    Fatman and Pipesub like this.

AVF Regular
    you could try and soak the control head by itself in isopropyl alcohol for a while anf then drain it and let air dry for 24is hours
    Gresh11 and Pipesub like this.
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

Hi €offee,
    I don't know evics at all but I'd recommend a non toluene based Contact cleaner. Toluene is a nasty solvent that can melt plastic & is not good to breath or have contact your skin.
    You want an electrical component cleaner because it doesn't harm electronics and doesn't conduct electricity. It has to be non conductive because of the batteries and electronics.
    You'd have to make sure that there is an exit for the liquid to come out even though it evaporates. You might even get a can of compressed air ("Dust-Off") to help blow it out but don't tilt the can as it's liquid but when released at room temp turns to air. Read all the safety instructions . I'd say go to **** Smith but they have turned into a gadget store now and don't sell DIY tech stuff. Oh - you're in Tassie - Is there a Jaycar near you?

Beat me to it Hidden

Edit: Bl@@dy PC gremlins D!ck Smith, geez
    Hidden1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    D!ck smith d1ck smith **** smith is crap and charge stupid prices for cables and shit
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    you could try and soak the control head by itself in isopropyl alcohol for a while anf then drain it and let air dry for 24is hours
    I know very little about this, but I have heard this suggestion before for other devices. It should work, shouldn't it? Looking forward to hearing from a member that knows for certain whether or not this is a good option.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

I still prefer the act of destruction and construction. Change a small portion of the wires to a different colour then you can release it to the interwebz as a brand new mod.

Winning.

AVF Regular
    or you could just leave it on a bowl of rice overnight , and it will be fixed in the morning
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    or you could just leave it on a bowl of rice overnight , and it will be fixed in the morning
    Rice is great for water but not sure how it would go with eliquid
    Midlife likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast